"Healthier," unique recipes for cocktails/bar orders

Options
2»

Replies

• yoadrianne83
    yoadrianne83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to figure out a lower-cal Paloma (which already is sorta a low-cal margarita). Currently I’m enjoying: “sparkling ice grapefruit” + lime sparkling water + 1-2 oz tequila + margarita salt + like wedge. Over ice. (the only calories are from tequila)
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    JennJ323 wrote: »
    You said you're tired of vodka soda, but what about a flavored vodka and soda? There's SO many flavor options these days. One of my favorites is whipped cream vodka and soda with a lime squeezed in, tastes like key lime pie :) I'm not sure about the calorie difference (if there's any?) between plain vodka and flavored.

I have to try this!

@JennJ323 - I just wanted to report back that I tried a version of your key lime pie drink - delicious! I mixed sprite zero with cake vodka and a splash of lime juice. Will definitely be one of my new go-to drinks!

Glad to hear you liked it! That's a good variation of it, I never thought to use Sprite Zero.
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like Crystal Light Lemonade with gin.
  • cgditty
    cgditty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic cut half the tonic with soda water double the lime
  • cgditty
    cgditty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a list of flavored la croix cocktails I've been meaning to try as well. It's so hard to give up beer and wine and those are my favs
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i was just going to suggest la croix cocktails
    I've done flavored vodka and soda-i like raspberry vodka and soda personally. simple and easy and doesn't get weird looks from the bartender
    my favorite is always gin and tonics.
  • atlchell30
    atlchell30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    -Coffee....no sugar...cream low in carbs is ok + rum or cognac (not a morning drink lol...but definitely works)

-Straight lemon juice + whichever liquor

-yes, bloody marys or marias, but if u dont like tomato juice then try; bragg vinegar (1-2 tblsp), lemon juice, hot sauce low in sodium, tad bit of Worcestershire sauce, water and vodka or gin (if ppl still drink gin)...tequila silver isn't bad w/ this either
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Mojitos - lime, mint, rum and club soda (easy on the simple syrup)

These are easier to get at restaurants than bars because a lot of them don’t have the mint. Always ask how they make them because some places will use sprite instead of club soda.

I also do tequila, lime and soda or coconut rum, lime and soda (just use whatever liquor you want)