Trying to decide activity level.

Options
psychod787
psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone. Just trying to figure out activity lvl for mfp. I average 13500 steps a day, lift hypertrophy weights 4 days a week x 1hr each, do yoga x2 day a x 20mins, and so 6x10min hiit bike sessions a week, and work around the house.i also have a job where I am on my feet 10hrs x 3 days.

Replies

• 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just trying to figure out activity lvl for mfp. I average 13500 steps a day, lift hypertrophy weights 4 days a week x 1hr each, do yoga x2 day a x 20mins, and so 6x10min hiit bike sessions a week, and work around the house.i also have a job where I am on my feet 10hrs x 3 days.

I would call you active level.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lump everything in there or are you planning on logging some of these activities on top?

Assuming that your 3x10 hour days are already included in your 13500 average, you're at the very active to slightly above very active level if you don't log anything else.

Basically 13500 is above active but not above very active.

And then you add to it the bike, the yoga, the lifting pushing you, by the sounds of it, to the top end or above.

At this stage you should be getting enough information from your calories logged and what your weight is doing in a trending weight app to be able to calculate your actual TDEE

And if you know your actual TDEE you can compare the number to what mfp offers as choices.

MFP just uses MFP BMR (Mifflin) x multiplier for the four activity levels.

1.25, 1.4 , 1.6, 1.8

You are probably around 1.9 depending on training intensity level.

But, again, it doesn't matter once you have your own data...