1200 Calorie Goal?

Options

Replies

• mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I’m aiming for 1200 as well, I’m 5ft2 so maintenance is only about 1450 for me. I eat mountains of vegetables! Add me as s friend my diary is open.
  • girhiny
    girhiny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1300 / day. Only for the first week though. (Metabolism boost I've heard) then up to about 1500 -1700 / week for 3 weeks..then cycle again. I've heard this works well from my mum but I guess we will see. Im also comparing to weight watchers right now to see which one suits me best! I work out 3 x per week . Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    girhiny wrote: »
    I'm on 1300 / day. Only for the first week though. (Metabolism boost I've heard) then up to about 1500 -1700 / week for 3 weeks..then cycle again. I've heard this works well from my mum but I guess we will see. Im also comparing to weight watchers right now to see which one suits me best! I work out 3 x per week . Feel free to add me as a friend :)

You don't boost your metabolism by dropping to low calories, if anything (over time, not one week), low calories can cause metabolic adaptation which is closer to slowing it down.

A week of 1200 calories will just cause you to lose slightly more that week than the rest.
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tried adding as many of you as possible thanks everyone! :)
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My goal is 1200, but on the weekends, I aim for more of a 1300/1400 range. Because weekends are when I treat myself to fancy coffee. XD

I've varied my intake over time as I've done different exercises. When I was lifting, I was at more like 1600-1700. I don't starve myself. If I'm sitting at my desk like a toothed monster waiting to gobble up the next edible thing, then I think maybe I've not eaten enough. I'll choose a healthy snack (unsalted nuts, carrots, fruit, etc) and set it in front of me. If I'm ready to devour it like a desperate woman on an island devoid of food, I know I'm hungry. If peeling the apple is "ugh work" then I know I'm more bored "hungry" and take myself out for a walk. (Or thirsty because I do not drink enough -- which is something I'm working on).

I didn't regain until I hit health issues and even then, not that much. But the health issues stopped me from reaching my original goal and so I'm back on this party bus choo-chooing my way to freedom. (shh, sounds more exciting that way).

I walk, hike, etc. On the days I'm doing strenuous exercise (not like "strenuous" when I tell myself that dancing down the hall to the lunchroom counts), I'll eat a little more.

Right now, I'm not doing much strenuous. Just walkin'. So I'm averaging about 1200...ish. It's working for me.
  • skimninja
    skimninja Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 1,290 cals. I do exercise but I do not log these workouts as it gives you calories back and I don't want to workout thinking I can have 2 cookies or something. I admit I could also exercise more.
  • jkjames1010
    jkjames1010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 1200 a day, though I don’t always hit my mark. I eat low carb and no red meat. Feel free to add me, my diary is open
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    skimninja wrote: »
    I'm 1,290 cals. I do exercise but I do not log these workouts as it gives you calories back and I don't want to workout thinking I can have 2 cookies or something. I admit I could also exercise more.

Or you could view it as fuel for your body, so that you can keep up your stamina to work out and enjoy life. If you eat 1290 and burn 300 cals in exercise that you don’t eat back, it’s the same as eating under 1000 calories. Does that sound healthy?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    skimninja wrote: »

You do realize though, that this is how My Fitness Pal is designed, right? You got a calorie deficit built in before exercise so most people do eat a portion of exercise calories back. Only a portion because exercise calorie burns are estimates (some estimates are better than others).

There is nothing wrong with eating 2 cookies if it fits within your macros. I make room for chocolate everyday. Cookies can be a part of a healthy diet. Learning moderation for ALL foods is a good tool for maintenance.
  • sassykd77
    sassykd77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Im starting again, had a lil ankle injury that killed my motivation but Im determined so Im back scrolling & finding inspiration!!! My biggest struggle coming back has been getting my food back to where I want it to be... 1200 cal HEALTHY intake. I say it that way bc I have "caught myself" just not eating to make sure its only 1200 for the day. Or not logging THAT hamburger. I have made some great friends already but they arent very interactive.... Anybody wanna be friends & help a sista out? Lol!!!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @sassykd77 what kind of interaction are you looking for? Although I am active on here, I don’t have any friends here so I’m not really sure how it works.
  • eleonora1809
    eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I’m on 1200 cal too! So far lost 1kg a week. Good luck to us yeay
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Boosting this post :)
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm on 1200 kcal, but between 1200kcal-1800kcal on saturdays. I'm 168cm tall. Been on it for almost 3 weeks and feeling fine, not hungry at all.. And I feel like I can still eat whatever I want, just as long as I weigh it and do a bit of planning ahead. The saturday cheat day gives me great motivation. My biggest fail when I've been trying to lose weight earlier is not eating greasy food or candy for months. With a little room on the saturdays, I can have some pizza or some candy. This is a long term thing, so I want to make this as livable as possible. Down 5kg in 2 weeks, gonna weigh again on wednesday. Feel free to add me. Don't have any fitnesspals yet. Good luck everyone :-)
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    1200 cal per day here, I also am doing a 1 or 2 500 calorie days (5-2 Diet) per week. I'm 5'0", 141lbs
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    SusanUW83 wrote: »
    1200 cal per day here, I also am doing a 1 or 2 500 calorie days (5-2 Diet) per week. I'm 5'0", 141lbs

the 5:2 diet is 2 days of 500 calories and other days you eat maintenance calories. is 1200 really your maintenance calories?
  • MouDenny
    MouDenny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Honestly I have sometimes problem to even reach the 1200 :smiley: I am doing wave carb rotation diet and at least at the beggining of the cycle I am definitely under 1200 :) Feel free to add me :)
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am at 1220 with 15 lbs at least to go.
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im around 1200 as well, very petite at 5 ft. And not very active, so please add me! I log MOST my food, but dinner nightly with the family us hard, I don't want my kids seeing me weigh and measure everything. But even with that I'm losing at a steady rate.