What do you do to overcome a Plateau?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    MrsLyons32 wrote: »
    I have been using MFP for a month (rejoined). For the last 3 weeks. I've lost an average of 2# per week. This week, Nothing! I cannot seem to lose, even though I increased my workouts. I talked to a trainer/nutritionist & was told to
    adjust my calorie intake & cheat for a day or two to "restart" my system. Has anyone else heard this? What do you do to overcome a Plateau? I'm afraid if I don't see more progress, that I will give up.
    **feel free to add as a friend

One week at no weight loss is not a plateau.

I would say that first you need to check your diary for things like too much sodium, not enough fluids to keep you hydrated and last but certainly not least errors in logging. Constipation and also fluid retention can cause a stall or gain.

Check the foods entered in your diary to make sure the data is correct for the foods entered (If not, find another food data entry or enter the food and the data for it as your own entry).

You might want to bump up your excercise if you can do so safely/reasonably. If you do bump up your excercise, then be sure to eat back at least some of your excercise calories.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    MrsLyons32 wrote: »
    I have been using MFP for a month (rejoined). For the last 3 weeks. I've lost an average of 2# per week. This week, Nothing! I cannot seem to lose, even though I increased my workouts. I talked to a trainer/nutritionist & was told to
    adjust my calorie intake & cheat for a day or two to "restart" my system. Has anyone else heard this? What do you do to overcome a Plateau? I'm afraid if I don't see more progress, that I will give up.
    **feel free to add as a friend

Well, it kind of works for me . if i get stuck i have a " bad " day. The next day the weight starts to move again. I dont know how and why.