Sweet potatoes

How often do you eat sweet potatoes? If they fit in my daily calorie goals is there such a thing as too much?

Thanks!

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Twice a week! They're delicious.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wouldn't eat *only* sweet potatoes every day, but nothing wrong with one a day if you're fitting them into your calorie goal
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    If you like them and they fit, do what you like. Just bear in mind that eating a variety of fruits and veggies help with getting a full complement of micro nutrients.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    They're usually on the menu once a week in my house!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I would think "too much" would be the amount of sweet potatoes that keeps your from meeting your other nutritional needs (like for protein or fat or micronutrients that aren't in sweet potatoes).

I eat them several times a month.
  • shannonreidwiltshire
    shannonreidwiltshire Posts: 50 Member
    I've been eating quite a few of them. Almost daily. I'll have half with lunch and half with dinner.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,989 Member
    If your skin starts to turn orange, you are eating too many. Not kidding...that can happen. Otherwise, you are fine if they fit within your goals. I love them and usually have them1-2 times a week.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    If your skin starts to turn orange, you are eating too many. Not kidding...that can happen. Otherwise, you are fine if they fit within your goals. I love them and usually have them1-2 times a week.

happened to me on a carrot kick :p Starts with your palms keep an eye on it lol but it takes alot and if your eating that many its an unbalanced diet and yes thats to many lol
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    At least one a week, sometimes more. I love them! This week I've had them every day because of my meal planning rotation. So yum!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    About once every two/three weeks. Hard to fit in, I like so many foods.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    They are quite a nutrient packed tuber! You can have them everday if you have the calorie account to pay for them :D
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    I eat them a couple of times a week - roasted, and consumed without butter. I choose the smallish ones.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    You don't want to look like a cheeto, and too many can make you very familiar with every bathroom intown, as it is very fibrous, but you'd really have to eat alot for rhem to make you sick, lol. Personally I wouldn't go for more than one a day, maybe two on occasion, simply because, like anything else, you will get real sick of them if you eat them too often.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    3-4 times a week!
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    I have them at least once a week usually twice!
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    I ate them for dinner M-F, with some feta cheese and broccoli.
    They are also great in fritattas
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Normally eat white or sweet potatos roasted for lunch every day
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Once a month, but I do love them. Got my hubby to eat half of one tonight (after 30 years of marriage), and he did say it was "ok". Small steps lol.
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    I actually just tried a sweet potato for my first time (I know, shocker lol). I thought it was delish, it tastes/smells pretty much identical to russet potatoes, only sweeter and it looks orange.

I am not against potatoes, bananas, rice, bread, or pasta. They fit in my calorie goals, so I enjoy them. I wouldn't say you could have "too much" unless they go over your calories.

I also am a fan of red potatoes, the little small ones. They have them all the time at crawfish boils, yum.
  • rjdubock0609
    rjdubock0609 Posts: 19 Member
    At least four times a week. I'm not a fan of normal potatoes so I substitute sweet ones. As I understand it, they're more nutritious anyway.