At a crossroad

Options
srw11291
srw11291 Posts: 5 Member
https://imgur.com/gallery/9LQuX

Sorry for the *kitten* post, I'm sure these questions are asked alot. But I have come to a point where I'm not sure what to do. I'm 27/6'3/221. I started at about 340 2 years ago and have had a steady diet and routine since. I'm at a point where I don't know if I really need to continue cutting weight. I'm aware there is still fat I can lose but just want to reach a good base. My goal has been to get to a good point to begin a lean bulk with as little fat gain as possible. Does it look like a need to continue my cut or can I maintain for summer reasons and begin a good bulk thus fall.

Thanks for any help provided. Feel free to add me for assistants I can be.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'd maintain, maybe do a little recomp for the summer, and then decide.

You look good
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    srw11291 wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/gallery/9LQuX

Sorry for the *kitten* post, I'm sure these questions are asked alot. But I have come to a point where I'm not sure what to do. I'm 27/6'3/221. I started at about 340 2 years ago and have had a steady diet and routine since. I'm at a point where I don't know if I really need to continue cutting weight. I'm aware there is still fat I can lose but just want to reach a good base. My goal has been to get to a good point to begin a lean bulk with as little fat gain as possible. Does it look like a need to continue my cut or can I maintain for summer reasons and begin a good bulk thus fall.

Thanks for any help provided. Feel free to add me for assistants I can be.

You do look good. It's hard to see real detail since you took the photo with a potato but I see decent ab definition even though it's not the optimal/best lighting most people like to use around here ;) and surprisingly very little loose skin, considering the amount of loss. If you really want to show those abs off this summer and plan on being shirtless a lot - maintain for a bit, keep lifting and you may recomp a little. Keep in mind that you *may* see a bit of fluffiness return when you have been at maintenance for a few weeks depending on how glycogen depleted you may possibly be after such an extended diet - depending on how low carb you were and if you increase that significantly.

Personally, for me - my cut went faster than I had anticipated and I'll be done mid April. Yeah, it's cool to have abs again and vascularity (wife disagrees about the veins, lol) but I'd rather not stagnate for months just to show those abs a few times at the pool or beach. I'm going to start to bulk again - if I turn into the Great Panda again before summer... so be it. :)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    OP, you look great! Congratulations on your weight loss. I agree with the above. Eat at maintenance and continue to lift. After the summer, you can reevaluate your options.
  • srw11291
    srw11291 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the replies. Yea, my phone is crappy and I'm pretty pale so definition is a rough thing to see for me lol. But I think I'll finish next week out and start to increase my calorie intake back to maintenance and stay level until the fall. Just to be be clear that's basically what recomp is right?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    srw11291 wrote: »
    Appreciate the replies. Yea, my phone is crappy and I'm pretty pale so definition is a rough thing to see for me lol. But I think I'll finish next week out and start to increase my calorie intake back to maintenance and stay level until the fall. Just to be be clear that's basically what recomp is right?

Yup - just keep lifting.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'd say don't just lift but strength train. Go for the 1000 lb club.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I would bulk if your goal is to gain muscle and/or more strength.

It's reasonable at your height, weight, bf% along with age to add mass at this point.

I'm your height and 20 years and 20 pounds heavier probably same bf% and I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't bulk if your goal is mass/strength.

You've laid done a good fondation to build off of. Good job.