Bad day recovery

Options
It's been a very off day for me and I'm frustrated with myself. What are your tips for getting back on track after a bad day?!

Replies

• SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Remember it's not about what you did before, it's about what you do now.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    First of all, get rid of the idea of "recovery". Go back to plan. If you dread going back on plan, consider whether plan is sustainable, or if it was the plan itself that initiated the bad day.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Mentally, leaving the mess behind when I go to bed and the next day is a new start to being healthy.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    Did you keep your food diary?

A food diary is a thing to do. It’s the heart of the weight loss process. You are never “off track” if you stay faithful to the process. Some days you will miss your calorie target. Some days you will miss workouts. Try to problem solve these situations to minimize repeats.

Weight loss is complex. When losing, my plan was 3 meals and 4 snacks everyday. That’s 49 things per week I had to plan for. Plus dodging the office donuts, vending machines and figuring out how I could get together with the guys to watch the game on Sunday. Fortunately we don’t need to be perfect, just good enough.

Just keep logging in your food, planning ahead and problem solving. Only way to fail is quit.
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I too have been eating too much and too unhealthy for the last two days. I went off track after my weight which I expected to lose but gained 2lb. It made me feel so bad and I seriously need to lose these last 25 lb within 3 months
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Magemisty wrote: »
    I too have been eating too much and too unhealthy for the last two days. I went off track after my weight which I expected to lose but gained 2lb. It made me feel so bad and I seriously need to lose these last 25 lb within 3 months
    Weight fluctuates from day to day, and optimal weightloss slows down as you get lighter. If 25 pounds is all you have to lose (this will put you in a healthy BMI), it's going to be difficult to lose that in 3 months. Deadlines for weightloss is generally a bad idea. It often leads to undereating, which often leads to overeating.