senior citizen

any other oldish gals out there that need a diet buddy. I'm here (75 on april 1st!)

Replies

• lawshark2
    lawshark2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi gloria, good for you. I'll be 62 in September and want to lose the extra 30 pounds I've put on in the last three years to feel healthier. My husband and I tried Jenny Craig for a month - and we lost weight - but we just can't do that long term. We both need real food that tastes good. What are you doing to lose weight?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    Hey ladies! I'm a little bit younger but not that much (58 in 2 weeks). I have been dieting off and on (mostly on) with my mother who will be 80 this year for most of my life, so I have a good perspective on weight loss as you get older. It's totally doable!

In my opinion, the main thing to remember in weight loss as an older person is that you can't expect to lose it as quickly as you might have done when you were in your 20's, 30's, 40's. It just doesn't happen as fast. SO, be patient and enjoy the process! Learn some new healthier recipes, track your food here on MFP, be as active as your health will allow and by all means, have fun!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,628 Member
    I just turned 64 & am 8lbs away from my goal weight
  • martybw1ray
    martybw1ray Posts: 2 Member
    63 - 25 pounds to lose. Don't want to diet the rest of my life.
  • LoopyLooHoo
    LoopyLooHoo Posts: 4 Member
    I’m 61, and I need to lose 50 lbs. I’ve lost 40 so far but I am loosing motivation. It’s those carbs that get me. I’m prediabetic so I am eliminating sweets, soda, and caffeine ( per Drs orders) but I could use a friend.
  • HarryFMudd
    HarryFMudd Posts: 16 Member
    I'm a senior. Not a gal, but certainly could use a new friend or two!
  • HarryFMudd
    HarryFMudd Posts: 16 Member
    I'm a senior. Not a gal, but certainly could use a new friend or two!