Type 2 diabetic, dealing with pricks daily

Options
13»

Replies

• REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    T1 here. Diabetes T2 is a fast growing disease. It relies on lousy diets and being overweight for its existence.
    Being Insulin dependent is a tight rope and tracking everything going in my mouth and weight loss is controlling readings.
    Keep up good works and control your diabetes.

@dsboohead awesome job to you! Thanks for the share. I agree that tracking everything I eat and weight loss will continue to be vital as I live with T2D. I have also added in glucose shredding fat burning workouts. they are not the funnest thing in the world to do however I know the benefits I get from doing the slow burn exercises.

Have a great weekend and you keep up the fantastic work!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    REDMANIV wrote: »
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    REDMANIV wrote: »
    Hello T2D MFP loggers. How have things been going your way? I got the results of my blood glucose test back and my doctor certainly was not impressed with me letting my diet get out of control. I did find out some good information about how the A1C test works and I have invested in quite a few books to gain some more knowledge on my life as a diabetic. I will be back in to see the Dr again in July and hopefully with the changes I have made to my diet and exercise I will see my numbers drop back down to the range my Dr wants them to be in. He has shifted me from checking my BG from fasted in the mornings to two hours after my largest meal of the day. He said this will give me a better idea on how my body is processing and handling the different types of foods that I am consuming. If my numbers are higher than 150 then I will need to make some adjustments. So far so good though for now, my numbers after my largest meal have been averaging in the 110-120 range. It feels as though I am on a pretty good track now, time will certainly tell the tale though. If you are new to T2D (Type 2 Diabetes) drop in and let us know how things are going.

I really appreciate your honesty. Around here, so many people seem to get a diagnosis and, BAM, 3-6 months later their A1c levels are in the 4-5 range. I struggle constantly, and it gets depressing.

Good luck on your journey!

@SaraKim17 Keep you head up my friend. Things will certainly get better as you figure out how to navigate your way through this journey. Being dishonest when it comes to my T2D will only end up hurting me physically in the long run. I have had to face the reality of leading a healthier lifestyle and making better choices if I ever want a chance at maintaining my BGL where they are supposed to be.

Thanks for the share and have a good weekend!

@REDMANIV, thank you for your encouraging words! They really do help.

I'm not giving up, but I do give in to my feelings too often. There are definitely changes I can make that I haven't. I think you've hit the nail on the head -- I do need to be honest with myself. I "rationalize" too much.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!