I love my Lunch

Options
This is what I have for lunch at work right now, and I had to share it because it is not only nommy, but beautiful and low cal, so if anyone needs some inpiration, here you go!

healthylunch.jpg

Tesco - Pickled Beetroot, 40 g
Tesco - Everyday Value - Large Prawns, 40 g
Arla Foods - Natural Cottage Cheese Lowfat, 40 g
Encona - Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce, 20 ml
Florette - Baby Leaf, 40 g

Totalories: 133

Replies

• coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. But I have to ask... are you sure those are large prawns? Prawns are bigger than shrimp and those appear like small shrimp to me. Still looks tasty though!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yum!

though if i only ate 133 cals at lunchtime, i would be hungry an hour later!
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yummmm it looks amazing :love:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. But I have to ask... are you sure those are large prawns? Prawns are bigger than shrimp and those appear like small shrimp to me. Still looks tasty though!!!

oh you havent seen the small prawns they have!
    and yeah those are definitely large prawns
    i normally get the extra special ones instead of every day value and theyre about the same size but a little fatter
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options

They are sold as prawns though I believe they are shrimp in the species defenition - in the uk they aren't differentiated between... As for the low cal lunch, it works well for me because my big eating / drinking time is habitually the evening - my main calorie cutbacks have been my lunchtime binges and its working well for me :)
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    those are definitely not large, they are medium 31-30's
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

They are sold as prawns though I believe they are shrimp in the species defenition - in the uk they aren't differentiated between... As for the low cal lunch, it works well for me because my big eating / drinking time is habitually the evening - my main calorie cutbacks have been my lunchtime binges and its working well for me :)

I do the same. I like to eat more in the evening so I eat light during the day.