Help me estimate pizza calories

Options
Seffell
Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
I haven't had takeaway pizza since I started logging 2 years ago. Yesterday I had one.

It was a 10inch pizza margherita with extra ham.

How many calories is your estimate?

(The takeaway place is not online and in another town so can't ask them. )

My estimate was 1000cal. Please give me yours.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    They are not online, but papajohns is. You can use the papajohns pizza calculator to construct one just like the piece you had.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'd guess 1000-1500 for the whole thing depending on crust, cheese, amount of ham

Find a similar pizza from a chain restaurant in the database.
  • TVDMD
    TVDMD Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The average slice is 250 calories (1 slice)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Margherita pizza, if a traditional Neapolitan style, is going to be lower calories than most delivery chain cheese pizzas. The crust would be much thinner, the cheese would be buffalo mozzarella and not necessarily covering the whole pizza, Even the ham would not add a lot of calories.

I would think maybe 150 cals/slice or 900 or less calories for the whole pizza.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    TVDMD wrote: »
    The average slice is 250 calories (1 slice)

Not in NY it's not. :wink:

@OP 1000 calories sounds like a reasonable estimate, especially if it's a once in a while thing
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Margherita pizza, if a traditional Neapolitan style, is going to be lower calories than most delivery chain cheese pizzas. The crust would be much thinner, the cheese would be buffalo mozzarella and not necessarily covering the whole pizza, Even the ham would not add a lot of calories.

I would think maybe 150 cals/slice or 900 or less calories for the whole pizza.

I was in a similar boat yesterday as I got a pizza from a van on the street. I logged it as a generic pizza at around 1500 but it was probably low on cheese as you say and the ham and mushrooms would not have added anything so I'd probably have been safe logging 1000