Turning 47 this year ...eek....

Options
Hey....Been using fitness pal for a couple of weeks and been doing loads of Zumba and some salsa and did a boxing class today which was so full on!Been logging everything (had 2 days off with no counting) but a little disheartened as not much has changed on the scale.....sooo frustrating....my body would have lapped all this up a few years ago and now it's so sluggish! ugghhh

Replies

• HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi! For the record, the scale is not the end all when it comes to losing weight. It’s just a tool, just like a measuring tape (even tho I LOVE them) fat calipers, clothes or a mirror. I do think pictures tell a lot, but I digress. Don’t be discouraged if you aren’t seeing things as quickly as you want to see them. Things take time. Habits take time. Learning from your mistakes take time. Its good to incorporate the boxing (and I would start some lifting as well) because dance (Zumba, Werq, dancing in your kitchen) will tone your legs, trust me, you’ll see it over time, so don’t leave out your upper body. Don’t get frustrated, be mindful of what your eating, be honest with yourself and log and just keep going!!
  • SalsaGirl636
    SalsaGirl636 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you ..that's what I needed! how have you been doing overall..seeing the results you want? :)
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    @SalsaGirl636 To be honest, I’m about to turn 46 in a few days and I feel better than I did in my 30’s. I don’t stress out about the small things as much. My priorities have changed and even though I love my family and friends a lot, I’ve learned to put myself first in regards to my health (both mentally and physically). It’s been a win win for everyone, I suppose. I don’t think of eating better and exercise as something I HAVE to do, but something that I want to do because I feel good. And trust me when I want to indulge and just sit in front of the tv and just veg out, I do that to...I just don’t beat myself up about it. Balance and Moderation is what I strive for. I step on the scale usually twice a month and just monitor myself with the clothes in my closet. If something gets too tight, I tighten up my eating/workout schedule, but other than that, I don’t stress out about it too much.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    47 is just a number now days!!
  • CrazedCrow
    CrazedCrow Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi Salsa, I'm clocking 52 this year, every year seems much the same as the year before to me, then again I don't really dwell on it, not much you can do about it anyway so I say embrace it. Nice job on the activities you've been doing too. Catchya.

Crow...
  • Time2LoseTheWait
    Time2LoseTheWait Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I’m 52 and my problem in getting restarted has been my commitment level .. or lack there of. I have been trying for months to get myself motivated again. Hopefully I’m getting back on track and will start seeing a difference soon. It does seem like the older I have gotten the harder it is to get my body to respond :-/