What to eat?

I've been losing and gaining back the same 7 pounds for about a year. I need your help with an eating plan. As my bad leg doesn't permit me to move very much, I will have to mostly rely on changes to my food intake. Lunch is my biggest meal and it is usually healthy. It's breakfast, dinner and snacks that I will need to re-set.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    On average then you have been eating at maintenance calories.

Do you need a plan apart from finding a way to eat a little less than you currently are?
    Could be reducing portions, changing a higher calorie snack for a lower calorie snack (or no snack), substituting a high calorie item for a lower calorie item.

But in the end it has to be your plan to be sustainable.
    Agree with the suggestion above to just log what you are eating (and drinking) now - that will help identify where "savings" can be made.
    You could come back to this thread in a couple of weeks with your diary set to public if you wanted suggestions - at the moment there's not much information for anyone but you to go by, we don't know what you have for "breakfast, dinner and snacks" which is the area you say you are wanting to target.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Not what to eat, you decide what to eat, what do you like? To continue losing, you need to eat less. Tighten up your logging, use a food scale.
  • ljopurcell
    ljopurcell Posts: 19 Member
    Okay, I guess I just like to wing it and not write down everything I eat. It seems like a logical place to start. Thanks friends.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    I'm fanatically happy with platejoy.com
    It does all the planning based on my likes and needs
    We just shop their list and cook their recipes.
    They are almost all crazy good recipes usually with some fresh herbs
    I copy/paste their recipes into mfp and tinker until it is close to their calories.
    Then I log a serving of the recipe into mfp as a 1 liner.
    My logs are open if you want to see some of the recipe names.
    I have it set for low carb and 1400 cal/day.
    They have a 2 week free trial. Give it a go.
  • ljopurcell
    Thankyou hroderick. Will have to check into that.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,733 Member
    It's impossible to recommend what you should eat. Everyone has different ideas of what and how they like to eat. I like casseroles. My husband likes plain meat and potatoes. I have friends who are vegetarian or vegan. One friend won't eat anything that isn't hot and spicy. Some people like to snack constantly during the day; others would rather have a big meal once a day. I love fruit and vegetables, my husband can't stand it. Only you know what foods you like and when you prefer to eat them.
  • ljopurcell
    Thank you for all the input. I have found it helpful as I try to re-evaluate where I am.