Leggings with tight waistband (UK)

Options
ceiswyn
ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
I give up. Where can I get leggings with a good tight waistband in the UK?

Currently every style around seems to just smoothly follow the line of the hip and waist... which is fine until I start jumping around, and my belly wobbles, and the ‘perfect fit’ falls down.

Anyone know where I can get leggings with a proper elasticated waist?

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Try either Puma (SportsDirect) or UnderArmour - I’ve got both brands and the waist lines are higher, quite thick and stay put!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    If you already own a pair of leggings you could try to shorten the elastic at the waist. It's pretty easy to do.

for example (depending if the elastic can be tightened or not):
    http://tenitheabstract.blogspot.ch/2014/05/diy-how-to-tighten-elastic-waistband.html
    https://offbeathome.com/making-elastic-waistbands-smaller/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Karrimor do good cheap leggings, with a drawstring waist
  • kt26
    kt26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've found Decathlon has been great for me, for cold weather this year I actually ran in their leggings designed for yoga! So don't forget to check out that section wherever you look too.

These, with a tight waist have been tried and tested for many 10mile runs with no need to pull up.. for me at least. Hope you find some soon.
    https://decathlon.co.uk/seamless-yoga-leggings-id_8366689.html
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Ryka...high rise
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Love my Dobsom running tights, they have a tighter and thicker waistband than all my others as well as a draw string for back up. They are a Swedish company but their products are sometimes on sale at SportsPursuit and you might get lucky and find them elsewhere online. Even EBay maybe. They are so soft and have a zipped back pocket for car key etc. I have a few pairs.
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Gymshark flex leggings are pretty tight at the waist.
  • superbeebs600
    superbeebs600 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Believe it or not. Matalan! I'm nearly 6 foot and they are lovely and high above the waist and don't fall down. However, like all pants after a a lot of washes the elastic will inevitably loosen so I unpick a side seam and shorten it. It only takes five minutes to sew.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I make sure all my leggings have a drawstring waist, the exception being the leggings I get from Mountain Warehouse as the elastic in the waist of their leggings is really wide and firm. Their running clothes are often ridiculously cheap in the sale and really good quality.
  • StarryEyed0
    StarryEyed0 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wear matalan ones they have a thick elastic waist band and never fall down
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I give up. Where can I get leggings with a good tight waistband in the UK?

Currently every style around seems to just smoothly follow the line of the hip and waist... which is fine until I start jumping around, and my belly wobbles, and the ‘perfect fit’ falls down.

Anyone know where I can get leggings with a proper elasticated waist?

I have the same problem, the ones I wear are great for giving me a nice smooth look (no bulks or drawstring ties) but as soon as I'm on the treadmill I have to literally pull the waistband up to my ribs to stop them from slipping down, very distracting and not to mention silly looking lol...
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'll check out your recs :)