Motivation needed!!

Options
Hey there. I am trying to get started with this weight loss journey again! I have lost 30 lbs am type 2 diabetic and trying to lose another 30 lbs. I know what to eat what not to eat, how to exercise count calories and all that but I just can't seem to get it together HELP!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Weightloss is extremely simple - take in fewer calories than you burn, consistently, for real, and for a long time, and you lose weight. Eating healthily is important too, but that's just getting enough of what you need every day, and not too much of anything over time. MFP makes eating less, and better, easier. If you doubt you can do that, maybe you are biting over more than you can chew. It takes time and effort and commitment and confidence to ignore all the misinformation we've been force fed through the years, and really educate ourselves. But it's highly rewarding and empowering, liberating and de-stressing.
  • treimnitz
    treimnitz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on the weight loss journey again as well. My problem is just motivation and laziness. I see some good looking food and just want it. I also have some relatives who keep saying I don't need to lose weight and they are wrong. I weigh 180 now. My target is 160. I decided to just do it and try to stick with it.