Why dont celebrities eat bread?

Options
joowelz
joowelz Posts: 170 Member
Why do thee famous skinny ninnies avoid bread? What's wrong with it? Can't you eat bread every day as long as you eat within your calorie allowance?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    ....whatever youve been listening to is full of it. Dont believe everything you hear nothing is wrong with bread
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are too rich.
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My ex has pretty much cut it out, she says it makes her bloated and doesn't satisfy her for long. She's lost a load of weight by drastically cutting carbs which for her works as protein keeps her fuller for longer making it easier to maintain a calorie deficit.

She attributes weight loss to lack of carbs rather than a calorie deficit though :confused:
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...you can eat bread everyday and as much as will fit into your calorie allotment. However...you might not be able to fit in the other foods that you want and/or need.

I find that reducing my bread consumption allowed me to have a better balanced diet. I make a cheddar biscuit that I absolutely love. I could make a whole meal out of them. I still make them but not as often.

My advice...if you are going to eat bread...make it good bread. Don't waste your calories on bread that tastes like cardboard. I tried to eat sodium free bread (due to HBP)...I just couldn't do it no matter what I smeared on top of it!
  • Annie_01
    Options
    Also OP...it is just not famous skinny minnies that find bread taboo...there are many people(at least in the past when I spent more time in the Community) that also banned bread for whatever reasons.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    joowelz wrote: »
    Why do thee famous skinny ninnies avoid bread? What's wrong with it? Can't you eat bread every day as long as you eat within your calorie allowance?

some people don't eat after a certain time at night either, and I can't figure a reason for it.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's Passover and the people you're reading about are Jewish and observing Passover.

Otherwise I can't think of a reason why you would know who is or isn't eating bread.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Celebrities do some very strange things so I wouldn't pay attention to it.

Nothing wrong with it. I eat it pretty much every morning.
  • Annie_01
    Options
    rasta_bb wrote: »
    A lot of people avoid bread due to the harmful additives. Really, if you're going to eat anything that's not organic, you're killing yourself just as fast.

WOW...I am 65 y/o and have eaten bread all of my life. I also don't eat organic. In the past I ate a lot of processed foods...I don't now but that has nothing to do with thinking that I am going to kill myself. I just find that I can make some of those same foods from scratch with fewer calories and sodium. Plus since I am retired I have more time to cook than I did when I was working and raising children.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP stop looking at whatever woo filled nonsense blogs or Instagram posts that tell you what celebrities do and don’t eat for weight loss. You aren’t a celebrity, you don’t have a personal chef and makeup/hair artist, not paparazzi following you around.

Eat a sensible, balanced, calorie appropriate diet that can include bread or any other foods you enjoy in moderation.