Eating in Restaurants

Options
I've had to eat restaurant food the past few days. Feeling yucky! I packed my lunch for work today, but we have a team member who is getting married on Saturday, so they are doing a bridal lunch for her today. So my food I had made will go in the fridge and I'm going to eat there. I'm going to try and make the most healthy choice I can. My breakfast was pretty healthy, I had an egg, egg white, scrambled with spinach, a bananana, and a cup of coffee with 1 creamer and 1 splenda. For lunch, we are going to a brunch place, I'm going to go with either a salad or maybe an egg white omeltte. Saturday and Sunday I was traveling so ended up eating a lot of calories. Saturday I had a Mexican pizza with no meat for lunch, and then Indian food for dinner ( two vegetable curries that my mom and I split with rice). Yesterday was pretty healthy during the day, but at dinner I had pizza hut. I had 2 slices of the thin crust, and one of normal hand tossed crust. I just never feel happy about the sodium and extra calories I know I'm having when I end up eating out...

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I eat out frequently. Just log it the best you can and watch your portion sizes. You don't have to clean your plate. But it is possible to eat out and still lose weight.
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    True! I'm honestly a fan of cooking, and that's why eating out seems difficult to me sometimes. I ended up having the sweet potato quinoa bowl, it was pretty good.. quinoa, black beans, onions, basil, kale, sweet potato.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Eating out is really hard, when I am trying to eat healthily I try to avoid it -easier said than done!

When I have to eat out I go to Seasons 52, Panera Bread is a good lunch option too it’s probably not very accurate but the calorie content is on the menu which helps me to feel more confident in my choices, I also go to sushi places. Steamed edamame and avocado or asparagus rolls are my go to. Failing that, I often pick several sides - veggies and maybe a carb - and have that as a main. I ask for no dressing or butter/oil and everything to come on one plate.

I agree eating out is really hard, but you can lose weight and eat out if you’re mindful of what you’re eating and log your calories as best you can.

• shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I travel for work, 3 weeks out of the month. I have to eat out three meals a day. The hotel I stay at has good breakfast options (oatmeal and fruit or eggs with a tlbs of cheddar & a tlbs of salsa!) but lunch and dinner are challenging. I tend to go to places like Panera or Crushed Red or even Noodles & Company: places that have nutrition numbers on their website. I do the math before I go to know how many calories I have left. The exception is when I'm with a client - they choose where we go. I usually find a salad I can have (without croutons or cheese with dressing on the side), or just eat half a meal. Good Luck!