Steps calorie adjustment not working?

So today for the first time since using MFP I added exercise and since I added it the device stopped counting my steps. Or it counts them but doesn't add them as exercise and it doesn't show how many calories i've burned from the steps. When I open the app it shows that I've made over 13000 steps but when i go to my diary it shows that i've made around 2000 steps and 0 calories burned? How do I fix this?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If you're using a Fitbit, this is a known issue. You won't be able to fix it yourself. We'll have to wait until MFP gets it fixed.
  • vesi455
    vesi455 Posts: 10 Member
    No I'm not using a fitbit.
  • 2BtheRealMe
    2BtheRealMe Posts: 57 Member
    mfp found late last week while doing an update that there was an issue with fitbit (*and I think iPhone steps) transferring over to the mfp platform. They indicated it wouldn't be fixed till early this week. Hopefully it'll be up & running again soon, but for now, there isn't anything you can do but be patient while they fix the glitch.
  • vesi455
    Oh, ok. It just sucks cause I made so many steps today. Thanks for the answer.
  • janejellyroll
    vesi455 wrote: »

You may want to share what you've synced to your account so someone who also has that device can help you out.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member

You may want to share what you've synced to your account so someone who also has that device can help you out.

It’s happening to every tracker. I haven’t received calories from Apple since Saturday.
  • gknopp87
    gknopp87 Posts: 18 Member
    It's also no longer reading steps from Samsung Health.
  • vesi455
    Hopefully they'll fix the issue soon.
  • skbrowne2033
    skbrowne2033 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the posts I've been making myself crazy trying to fix the tracker. I thought is was on my end somehow.
  • tbyrneii
    tbyrneii Posts: 1 Member
    I've also noticed that my steps (using iPhone) have been incorrectly logged in the past week. A few says they didn't update at all. Now they have, but at a small amount like 20 calories for 4,000 steps. Previously that would have been more like 70/80 calories from my recollection.
  • janejellyroll
    malibu927 wrote: »

It’s happening to every tracker. I haven’t received calories from Apple since Saturday.

Oh, that's nice. Everyone gets to share the experience. :D
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

No, Garmin and Misfit are still working fine(as of Sunday)

So, at last count

It's Fitbit
    and the Phone health apps.
  • Psychopasta
    Psychopasta Posts: 37 Member
    You'll have to do the adjustment manually until it gets fixed. It's amazing how used to the 'it just works' nature of MFP I am. Hopefully we'll get back to that soon.
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    So today for the first time since using MFP I added exercise and since I added it the device stopped counting my steps. Or it counts them but doesn't add them as exercise and it doesn't show how many calories i've burned from the steps. When I open the app it shows that I've made over 13000 steps but when i go to my diary it shows that i've made around 2000 steps and 0 calories burned? How do I fix this?

You can go to the exercise tab and manually enter the data from your Fitbit workout. Not the optimal solution but it works for now.
  • domgirl
    domgirl Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2018
    Dont know if its back up and running but ive just unlinked apps and uninstalled mfp and then restarted everything aswell as my phone and steps are back. In on samsung 8 with gear sport and hasnt been working since Saturday but is now.
  • Melarobi
    Melarobi Posts: 2 Member
    It seems it just started working again. Yay!
  • kendraarne83
    kendraarne83 Posts: 2 Member
    My just started working again!! So happy!
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Same here! Working again
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    Mine is working too. However it seems like it adds the steps but not giving credit for todays workout... I logged it manually earlier today though, can this be the problem with not matching data?
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    Never mind, I figured it out..