Protein Diet Breath

Options
Gngr09
Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
HELP! Anyone else on a high protein diet experience the protein breath? HOW do you get rid of it? any ideas? I am drinking a ton of water and chewing gum constantly but this is driving me crazy!

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    jvanelli wrote: »
    HELP! Anyone else on a high protein diet experience the protein breath? HOW do you get rid of it? any ideas? I am drinking a ton of water and chewing gum constantly but this is driving me crazy!

Nope... and I eat about 250g of protein a day on a modified PSMF type protocol. It sounds more like you are not only high protein but very low carb. Ketosis often causes this breath abomination.... are on a Keto diet?
  • Gngr09
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

Nope... and I eat about 250g of protein a day on a modified PSMF type protocol. It sounds more like you are not only high protein but very low carb. Ketosis often causes this breath abomination.... are on a Keto diet?

Yes, low carb as well. Hmmm. I'll have to read into that. thanks for the info!
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

Yes, low carb as well. Hmmm. I'll have to read into that. thanks for the info!

Yup... looks like the culprit then. If you are happy with your diet you may just have to invest in a Costco sized order of Listerine pocket packs. ;)

https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/low-carb-diets-can-cause-bad-breath
  • Gngr09
    Options
    Looks like this: https://ultradex.co.uk/ketosis-breath-causes-solutions-for-bad-breath/

From what I have been reading - it will go away.