Push in AM and Pull in PM?

Options
So I did my push routine this morning and my muscles are fatigued but I have lots of energy and I'm bored so I'm wondering if I can go back this evening and do my pull routine. I've read about '2 a day' workouts online but they seem to be about doing the same muscle groups for each workout.

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    You should be able to do the pull workout in the afternoon, but I'd then wait a day to do your push again--don't do the same routine on consecutive days.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Yeah two a days are workouts done by enhanced lifters. Unless you're supplementing with anabolic steroids I wouldn't do it.

Why not go for q walk or hike or swim?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Yeah two a days are workouts done by enhanced lifters. Unless you're supplementing with anabolic steroids I wouldn't do it.

Not necessarily. For example, if one simply needed two shorter sessions for schedule reasons, splitting the same volume over two lifting sessions in a day wouldn’t be much of a problem.

It does require one to actually make themselves stick to their programming though, because it could be easy to quickly run yourself into the ground if “going by feel”.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Not necessarily. For example, if one simply needed two shorter sessions for schedule reasons, splitting the same volume over two lifting sessions in a day wouldn’t be much of a problem.

It does require one to actually make themselves stick to their programming though, because it could be easy to quickly run yourself into the ground if “going by feel”.

I agree with you in that sense. But I sounds like the OP is completing a full workout. Then through boredom wants to go and do a pull workout. Which could very easily over do it for their CNS and just general recovery. Especially if the OP doesn't know their limits and goes about an entire workout rather than a few working sets for stimulation.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Yep. Been there done that, the two a days lifting workouts without steroids.
    While it will keep you busy and it won't do any damage, it won't even take you anywhere. It's not a shortcut to size.