macros for aggressive weight loss

Options
Hello my fitness pal friends! I am looking for some advice on a macro/nutrition counting diet plan. I am a 5’7 female and weigh 160lb. I am 48 yrs old, moderately active and my b/f is 34%

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello my fitness pal friends! I am looking for some advice on a macro/nutrition counting diet plan. I am a 5’7 female and weigh 160lb. I am 48 yrs old, moderately active and my b/f is 34%

Given your stats, why do you want 'aggressive' weight loss? You'll just lose muscle?
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    what are your current maintenance calories? A slower approach combined with strength training would likely give you better results as fat loss would probably just make you skinny fat considering your weight and bf
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »
    So did you take any of the advice from back in 2016 or did you just waste your money on the one post that pedalled some rubbish? Please, read the advice given back then and follow it, it was good advice and still relevant today! Aggressive is NOT good...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10306301/help-how-to-lose-the-most-weight-quick/p4

that thread is brilliant!!!! :laugh:
  • saFit247
    saFit247 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

The quicker you loose the faster you gain back , the basics of a sustainable weight loss journey is do it in a way which is sustainable or in other words which you can continue going further. The best way is get a diet plan from a certified Nutritionist who would also look into your medical history ( Hormonal / Allergies / Diabetics etc.. ). It is a investment that will definitely pay you off.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Love, you're 48. Losing weight agressively leads to loss of muscle mass. You want to preserve your muscles as they keep your bones healthy at age. Osteoporosis and generally reduced mobility come to mind. At your age it's not easy to rebuild those lovely, useful muscles you've lost due to an aggressive diet. Go slow, go reasonable. Your body will thank you.