2»

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »
    @bbell1985 40 g or under every day this week. A little low. Historically 60g+. That might be something to look into. I've had yogurt daily but also take my milk fat free so might up it quite a bit tomorrow.

Up your fat intake! With increased fiber intake, you need to ensure your water and fat intake is also increased in order to keep things moving. Fat helps lubricate the digestive tract.

Fat is not something I've paid a lot of attention to recently but I think I need to keep a better eye on it.

I ended up subbing some cheese for a couple of things at dinner and feel much less bloated today but still feeling heavy. I'm going to stick the meal-prep-week out because cooking lettuce is not something I'm interested in, but this may stay just that - an experimental week.

Thanks to all for advice!

I actually toss lettuce (usually romaine) in stir frys, etc. regularly. Especially during the summer when my farm co-op box usually includes a lot of lettuce (which I can't eat raw). Really adds a nice flavor, but don't overcook it.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just curious, what is your diet like otherwise? what do you eat regularly? I'm ending up avoiding foods because of digestion issues..

lucerorojo wrote: »
    It might also be age related. I never had any problem eating vegetables until about a year ago. (I'm 52). I was a vegan for 3 years and vegetarian for 7in my 20s-30s so I ate a lot of them and much fiber. Even more recently I used to eat two salads a day and veggies in an omelette, but now I just cannot. I cannot take most vegetables raw. Forget smoothies--cannot eat them-- the bloating and gas is horrible. Certain veg like artichokes, onions, leeks, or peppers even when cooked, if more than a tiny bit, i get bloated. I just resigned myself to not eating many vegetables. The distress on the stomach and intestines is too much for me

Typical breakfast is either bacon and eggs, tea or oatmeal with fruit and sesame seeds with one egg. Or a banana, pb, fresh almond milk smoothie.
    Lunch and dinner: many options, pasta, corn, rice or potatoes, with meat, chicken or fish, a cooked vegetable, small salad (but only one a day) vegetables that don't bother me: tomatos, cucumbers, celery , carrots, spinach, chard, mushrooms. Onions and garlic in small amounts. Peppers in small amounts. Kale sometimes. Cannot eat without bloating: brocolli, brussel sprouts, leeks, artichokes. Really upset about artichokes and leeks, which I love. I just cannot eat more than 1 or 2 servings a day. I can eat beans and lentils but haven't in a while. I have a slow juicer so I like to make a vegetable juice daily but have not in a while--toi lazy to clean up afterwards.