Lost 17kg then gained 13kg - obsessed with the scale - ANY TIPS?

Hi everyone,

So back in 2013/2014 I lost 17kgs but I didn’t really do it the healthiest way possible. Lived off fruit and spent so much time at the gym, I lost all that weight in a year but 4 years later it’s come back. To be fair I got lazy and decided to party everyday all day for 2 years of that but now it’s time to get back on track.

This time round I’m training weights and cardio, I can feel my body changing. I have defined shoulders and my arms are poppin - it’s like I’m a new person I mean I even have a nice back now. However... I’m still down on myself as the scale isn’t dropping as fast as I would like. Any tips on how to feel good while defining your body via weights? I need to stop obsessing over the scale but I just don’t know how.

Feel free to add me so we can help each other stick to our fitness goals :)

- M

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,522 Member
    It’s the reality of what your doing. We live in the physical universe. You can’t just snap your fingers and drop pounds and gain muscle anymore than you can snap your fingers in New York an instantly be in Paris. Just how it is.

Beware that voice in your head complaining that the process is too slow. So long as you keep training and have the scale on a downward trend it’s working. What you are doing is not easy. Give yourself a break. Start researching fitness and weight training. Spend some time on fitness boards. You’ll see you’re doing well.
  • _Lifewithmissmisty
    _Lifewithmissmisty Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you so much, I guess I do need to take some time out to actually do some decent research. I’ve never heard of food these boards before though?