Packed lunches (vegetarian)

Options
ceiswyn
ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
So I’ve got into a bit of a rut with my packed lunches, and I’m looking to shake things up from my current default of ‘Quorn cocktail sausages and crunchy vegetables’.

Requirements:
- Must be able to fit in a mid-sized lunchbox (two compartments)
- Must be possible to prepare the previous night (cos I ain’t getting up any earlier than I absolutely have to)
- Must be able to survive being bounced around in a backpack over the course of a half-hour walk
- Must be <500 calories

Nice-to-haves:
- Does not need reheating (because the microwave is up some steps from the kitchen, behind a security door, and filthy)
- Good protein (I suck at getting protein)
- Less than 400 calories, because I like to have some left over for chocolate :)

What obvious ideas am I overlooking through sheer force of habit?

Replies

• lmbecker12
    lmbecker12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Taco salads with black beans for protein! Can also use the morningstar farms black bean crumbles...Use salsa for dressing. Add in whatever veggies you like/want. I like corn, onions, peppers.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I make a vegetarian breakfast salad, Spinach, spoonful of Ricotta Cheese, diced hard boiled egg, diced avocado, and small amount of sliced almonds. It all fits in a glad container. I don't use dressing on it, but if you wanted to put vinegarette on it, I would wait until morning to put that on. Its full of healthy fat and protein. I usually have a slice of multigrain before leaving the house.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This looks tasty and customizable. It also keeps for days
    https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2018/03/green-quinoa-tabbouleh-going-against.html
    About 400 calories per serving if you divide into 6 servings.