Gluten Free Zucchini Boat Pizza's!

Options
StarrTrisha
StarrTrisha Posts: 16 Member
I've been trying to work on my Zucchini Boat Pizza's for a while and I've had such a hard time mastering it. Whether the sauce I used wasn't thick enough or it didn't taste the way it should ... I just could not get it! I even followed recipes!

This past Sunday I decided I'd try one more time. (hubby was craving a pizza.. so of course, I didn't turn down his idea of getting one for himself). I thought it'd be the perfect time and opportunity to try and master my own way to do it!

Forgive me if I don't do this in the most convenient way. I've never typed my own recipe up before! :P
Things you'll need:

A Zucchini
A tomato paste (up to you which one you'd like, I used Hunts)
Mozzarella cheese preferably shredded (Light if you're interested in less calories)
Green peppers (As much as you'd prefer on your pizza, if you even preferred any. I used a quarter of a large green pepper)
Pepperoni (Optional)
Garlic power
Some type of oil (canola, olive, etc)

-I started off by cutting the zucchini in half and scooping all the soft (seeded) out.
-I put foil on a baking pan and sprayed it with Pam.
-Lightly glazed olive oil on both sides of the Zucchini for a crunch
-I sprinkled garlic powder on the oil in the top where you'd put the sauce.
-I used a butter knife to spread tomato paste in the middle. Put as much as you'd like depending on how you would normally want your pizza.
-I sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato paste. I use about a cup of cheese because I like my pizza cheesy.
-I sprinkled garlic powder on top of the cheese.
-I then put about 10 small green pepper cubes all throughout my zucchini's.
-I topped with 3 pepperoni's on each zucchini slice.

Preheat the oven to 375 and cook for 20 minutes.
Note* I also used a semi-small Zucchini. You might want to up your time to 25 minutes if you have a larger one to use.

They should end up having a brownness to the cheese. You probably wouldn't want a normal pizza that way, but with a Zucchini the more cooked the better (to me at least)

Sprinkle some pepper and you're ready to eat!

If you decide to try it, I hope you love it!

Replies

• StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try this- I like the cauliflower version, but preparing the cauliflower was kind of a pain, so this looks like a much easier alternative!
  • StarrTrisha
    Options
    No problem! I hope you like it!
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've made these before but with marinara sauce, they are yummy!
  • StarrTrisha
    Options
    The marinara sauce was too thin for me ):
  • LacieLamp
    LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I will definatley make these!
  • klbsab
    klbsab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites :)