Phase 1 80 Day Obsession - Disappointing

Anyone out there that knows much about 80 Day Obsession and the nutrition program, I could use some input. Here are my results after phase 1. I was very STRICT on the nutrition and NEVER missed a workout. I am SO disappointed in my results. I have EASILY 15 pounds that need to be lost. I lost 1 pound and about 2 inches. To be honest, I want to go back to my unhealthy eating habits if it means this is all the better it is going to be. I cannot believe how strictly I ate and worked out 1 hour a day (keep in mind I was doing NO EXERCISE before this). I don't believe the whole "muscle weighs more than fat" thing here as it should've shown up in inches lost. I just feel so defeated. I would like other's feedback and if they feel that maybe this is the wrong program for me or not? Here is a photo of me (pink bra is before, purple bra is after phase 1 - 4 weeks). Thanks.208einl4g6sb.jpg

Replies

• cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    I would suggest using a good TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculator and following its advice. And while working out and eating properly are indeed important you also need to sleep enough for your body to recover and drink a holy crap-ton of water every day or you wont see results. I would suggest almost a gallon of water a day. I didn't lose a pound until I slept more even though I worked out and ate properly.

For a good TDEE calculator go to mytdee.com
    That ones pretty good
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    How many calories were you eating per day?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    How many calories were you eating per day?

Same question...
  • molldoll36
    molldoll36 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks all. I consume between 1200 to 1500 and burn around 2200 a day. I also follow a high protein low carb diet for the most part.
  • cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    molldoll36 wrote: »
    Thanks all. I consume between 1200 to 1500 and burn around 2200 a day. I also follow a high protein low carb diet for the most part.

How much water do you drink per day as well? How many hours of sleep do you get per night on average?
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    You say you were strict about nutrition, does that mean you were using a digital food scale to weigh all solids you consumed and did you measure all liquids, including cooking oil and such?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,522 Member
    The calculators are based on averages. You can’t know what you’re burning outside of a lab.

Pay attention to your best feedback tool- your body. Beware the strict diet, it can come back and bite you.

What not to do- quit. If you are trying for a high level of fitness with weightloss, expect the scale to move slowly. Just so it moves down. If you are unhappy, adjust. Start with what you learned and make modest changes. You don’t need to scrap everything.

Also this. There are lots of posts here about high level workouts and skimpy scale losses. Depending on your WI timing, it could be water retention. Stressed muscles retain water. Look it up. It’s also true that the gym is overrated as a weightloss tool.

And don’t mess yourself up like I did years ago fixated on the scale when what I needed was fitness. I understand you worked hard, but one month does not make a lifestyle. Keep going.
  • oatmeatdm
    oatmeatdm Posts: 9 Member
    I'm feeling the same way, I'm on Day 40 and see no difference in my before and after pictures. Due to work, kids, life I'm not using the supplements or doing the timed eating, but I'm eating 1000-1200 calories a day of high protein healthy stuff and have not missed a single workout. I'm disappointed in how hard I'm working for seeing no results....
  • molldoll36
    I am not great about water consumption. I take in about 80 ounces per day, half of my weight. I did, however, give up my Diet Coke obsession at the start of this program. As for “strict”, no I did not weigh all of my food, but I relied on MFP and what it told me for nutritional values.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited April 2018
    molldoll36 wrote: »
    I am not great about water consumption. I take in about 80 ounces per day, half of my weight. I did, however, give up my Diet Coke obsession at the start of this program. As for “strict”, no I did not weigh all of my food, but I relied on MFP and what it told me for nutritional values.

Get a food scale. Experiment for 2 weeks by weighing and logging all your food. See if that is where the problem is.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    oatmeatdm wrote: »
    I'm feeling the same way, I'm on Day 40 and see no difference in my before and after pictures. Due to work, kids, life I'm not using the supplements or doing the timed eating, but I'm eating 1000-1200 calories a day of high protein healthy stuff and have not missed a single workout. I'm disappointed in how hard I'm working for seeing no results....

didn't you lose 13 Lbs? Those are results.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    The MFP database is user created. So what you were using may or may not have been accurate, and even less-so if you were doing any eyeballing of portions, using measuring cups, or relying on package labels. The only way to be sure is to weigh and measure everything, and then verify entries for accuracy. Spend a few weeks weighing and measuring with the calorie goal MFP gives you, and re-evaluate from there.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    I'm not sure what you're not seeing here. Your torso looks much different. Keep up the workouts if you enjoy them, but put your money into a digital food scale. You'll probably continue to lose and you won't have to take any supplements.
  • molldoll36
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    oatmeatdm wrote: »

didn't you lose 13 Lbs? Those are results.

No. 1.5 pounds.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    How did you determine your calories consumed? To my knowledge most BB programs use portion containers not food weighing and logging. It seems that this approach isn't working for you, so I agree, follow the MFP approach to calorie monitoring.
    Time for the flow chart!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have nothing against exercise but if it is making things hard enough that you want to quit, then it being applied at a counterproductive level.

Are you planning on exercising like this for the next 5 to 10 years? Why don't you try something that you can keep at long term in terms of exercise or activity? And then build up to more vigorous exercise.

To lose weight you don't need to "exercise away" what you eat. Your body burns calories just by existing.
    You also don't need supplements. Or gimicks.

Scout's honour: you're eating more than 1500 Cal and you're exercising at a level that for you is counterproductive at this point of time.

BTW: I do see results even if you don't! I can't comment on the effort involved.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Your torso looks smaller actually. I enjoy beachbody workouts but never follow their diet plan. Measure your food using a scale and track your calories. Also start taking measurements if you haven't already and don't only rely on the scale. Best wishes
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    I'm curious. How do you know you are consuming 1200 to 1500 per day and burning 2200. How are you measuring that? I agree that your weight loss seems too low for those levels.