Why aren't I losing?

Options
Here are some specifics first. I'm a woman and weigh 315. I'm fairly sedentary due to disabilities. Ive cut my calories to around 1400 a day for the last 4 days but I haven't lost anything at all. I'm drinking plenty of water. Recently, I've gained abt 45 very fast. Normally, when I cut my calories, esp the first few weeks I lose quickly. Idk what I'm doing wrong. I'm on my period so could that be why? I'm feeling very discouraged like I want to quit since it doesn't seem to be helping. My brain is saying..hell, if u aren't going to lose, eat what u want. But I know I can't do that. I once weighed 425 PDS.. Got down to 275. The weight came off slowly but at least I saw continual loss!! Plz help!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's your period. Weight loss doesn't happen every day. Keep doing what you're doing (although I'd suggest more daily calories to prevent binging) and be patient.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    4 days is nothing, especially when you’re on your period. The initial fast weight loss you normally see is mostly water weight, and at this point in the cycle it’s common to be retaining water.

You really, really need to be a lot more patient.
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Period is probably the culprit. Even with exercise I rarely lose during that time of the month.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    4 days is way too short to determine you're not losing. You won't see a drop on the scale every day but that doesn't mean it's not working. You need to look at the trend over a few weeks.

And yes, many women gain a little bit of weight around their period each month and it comes off again after.

Patience.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Here are some specifics first. I'm a woman and weigh 315. I'm fairly sedentary due to disabilities. Ive cut my calories to around 1400 a day for the last 4 days but I haven't lost anything at all. I'm drinking plenty of water. Recently, I've gained abt 45 very fast. Normally, when I cut my calories, esp the first few weeks I lose quickly. Idk what I'm doing wrong. I'm on my period so could that be why? I'm feeling very discouraged like I want to quit since it doesn't seem to be helping. My brain is saying..hell, if u aren't going to lose, eat what u want. But I know I can't do that. I once weighed 425 PDS.. Got down to 275. The weight came off slowly but at least I saw continual loss!! Plz help!

Well weight loss definitely isn't going to happen if you quit.

Patience and consistency are the 2 things you need to learn.

ofqgfjon1ufk.jpg