How do y'all resist drinking cokes?

Options
13»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I love drinking water and I drink it all day long but I still want to drink Dr peppers. Just today I drank 3 cans. I know if I could resist them it would definitely make a difference and be a good start to my new healthy lifestyle. Do y'all have any tips for me when Dr pepper cravings hit?

Could always try to find a diet soda you like the flavor of. If that doesn't exist then can try just slowing weening yourself off an established habit by intentionally tracking how many you drink and scaling that back slowly over time.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I love drinking water and I drink it all day long but I still want to drink Dr peppers. Just today I drank 3 cans. I know if I could resist them it would definitely make a difference and be a good start to my new healthy lifestyle. Do y'all have any tips for me when Dr pepper cravings hit?

Could always try to find a diet soda you like the flavor of. If that doesn't exist then can try just slowing weening yourself off an established habit by intentionally tracking how many you drink and scaling that back slowly over time.

OR has a totally different flavor to avoid the uncanny valley.

If you drink coke, try Diet pepsi or Dr Pepper or mt Dew
    If you drink pepsi, Diet coke, or Dr Pepper or Mt Dew
    If you drink dr Pepper, Diet coke or Pepsi or mt dew
    Etc

Or caffeinated MIO or crystal lite.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Drink a diet Dr. Pepper. Now a bottle if water. Time for another diet Dr.Pepper. Now more water.

You'll be more hydrated, get your soda fix....
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    diet drinks don't do it for me, i think they're VILE! What a crave is the really sugary and ice cold hit you get from a Coke when you just open it. I rarely get the craving but when I do I feel I NEED it.

To combat this I buy the really tiny cans meant for like mixers / chasers. I keep a few in my fridge and crack them when I get the feeling. I don't drink it all and keep the open can in my fridge.... it could stay there 2-3 days I'm not really bothered if it goes flat as I only really crave a sip. It's really helping me cut back.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I used to drink 3-6 full sugar sodas per day. I just cut back bit by bit until I was at one per week and then none. I have one every once in awhile...usually share a sarsaparilla with my kiddo when we go to the pumpkin patch in October because they brew their own there and it's fantastic.

I didn't drink any kind of soda for a few years as I never used to like diet. I still don't like a lot of diet sodas, and colas in particular...but one evening we were over at a friends house and she offered me a drink. It was vodka and Fresca...I knew it was a diet soda so I opted to taste hers first and it was delicious.

I have a black cherry citrus Fresca with my lunch most days, and it's still my go to vodka mixer.

If I have a regular soda (rare) it has to be cane sugar. HFCS is just too sweet and syrupy. I like the Mexican Cokes in a bottle as well as the Mexican Fanta in a bottle. Special treat here and there.