Salad bowl ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe no one mentioned BACON!

I do like a good taco salad! Lettuce, taco meat, onion, black beans, corn, a little cheese, salsa as my dressing, and crunched up tortilla chips.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Spiralized zucchini or yellow squash in addition to many of the ingredients listed upthread.
  • lanasweat
    lanasweat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All of these ideas are great! I will use many of the suggestions! One of my favorites is taco salad using chicken and all of the fixings - cilantro, cheese and salsa as the dressing
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    On some weekends I do a quick pickle of bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, and cucumber. It is convenient when I want a salad without spending time cutting up vegetables. Roasted vegetables are a nice change. Pickled beets are a regular favorite.

I like to make a piece of cheese toast and cut it up instead of croutons on occasion. The same goes for left-over onion rings. I especially like onion rings when I am going with bleu cheese crumbles and dressing. Today I used a piece of margherita pizza.

Most of everything that was suggested in this thread has also made an appearance. If all I am eating is salad for lunch (my biggest meal of the day) I really try to get the calories up over 1k so pretty much nothing is off-limits.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    nuts, hemp seeds, fruit (grapes, apples, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries), edamame, cucumber, green onion, peppers, carrots, avocado, tomatoes, celery, boiled eggs, chicken, steak, lunch meat, different cheese, broccoli slaw, chickpeas, corn, shrimp, roasted beets, roasted garlic, radish, lentils, black beans, kidney beans.

I will add pretty much anything to a salad....a salad is the perfect clean out the fridge meal. I like my salads w/no dressing but the calories still add up!