Fighting for every pound

Options
Jetrail
Jetrail Posts: 209 Member
Hi everyone im John, I'm new to the forum but my journey started when I got tired of the road I was on. In January I weighed 252.6 lbs , I installed the my fitness pal app and started making changes to my eating , walking a mile a lunch and using my cross trainer elliptical bike and total gym. I'm currently at 235 lbs but my goal is 215 lbs . Please feel free to add me as the more fitness friends on here the better.

Replies

• ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! wtg :smile: Keep going :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Where's the fight?
  • Jetrail
    Jetrail Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Kommodevaran ,

The fight is breaking a cycle of over eating , comfort eating and making life changes.
  • Emerald_Warrior
    Emerald_Warrior Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far! Keep it up!
    I struggle with the same fight!
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Jetrail wrote: »
    Kommodevaran ,

The fight is breaking a cycle of over eating , comfort eating and making life changes.
    If you see it as a fight, it will be a fight. Losing weight and improving health should be a loving act, not punishment and suffering. Life changes are challenging, but they can also be exciting and empowering. Weight management is so much more working on your mind, than on your body.
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way as Jetrail - that every pound is a fight. Kommodevaran, how do you work on your mind to make weight loss a more empowering and loving act?
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    I feel the same way as Jetrail - that every pound is a fight. Kommodevaran, how do you work on your mind to make weight loss a more empowering and loving act?
    It's a lot of work, but not exhausting, it's a neverending process and exciting. You can read up on mindfulness, intuitive eating, practice gratitude, educate yourself on food politics, marketing, psychology. Using MFP properly can be a part of it - logging can teach you how much food you need to feel well, and conversely, how much you can eat and still lose weight/not gain weight; to prioritize, to wait, to enjoy without fear.