Looking for some buddies for accountability !!

Options
About me , I lost 40 lbs 2 years ago went through loss of a loved one and spiraled out of control with eating bad and no exercise. I gained every pound back . I re-started working out and eating better about 52 days ago I have already lost 18lbs! My cheat weekend spiraled into a few days of cheating but I have been logging every meal down to the jelly beans ! I am now sitting at 177 and looking to be around 145-150 . I am 5"4.5 and a twin working mommy . Also , I am a nurse which doesnt help with eating habits as we are always eating on the go . Looking for some friends to add for accountability :)

Replies

• glitternurse
    glitternurse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m a nurse as well, and dealing with regain after losing 100+ and then going through a big breakup and starting/finishing my masters... it’s embarrassing!
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    fatty_cakezxoxo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @glitternurse I added you !! We got this !!
  • glitternurse
    Options
  • glitternurse
    Options
    I’ve been trying to restart, but doing it half assedly .. and I’m getting married soon, I intend to be 100% when income back from my honeymoon. This week my step mom is having a bilateral mastectomy.. not sure what that’s going to bring
  • ojidanowe67
    ojidanowe67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    and, another nurse here! fairly new here and don't know how to add someone. i kinda did the same thing with a binge weekend and now i've got to lose 3.5 lbs. to get back to where i was before i did that. so disgusted with myself.
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    Options
    @ojidanowe67 I will add you ! Under your "friends" tab it should say new request !
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    Options
    I’ve been trying to restart, but doing it half assedly .. and I’m getting married soon, I intend to be 100% when income back from my honeymoon. This week my step mom is having a bilateral mastectomy.. not sure what that’s going to bring

@glitternurse sorry to here about your stepmom ! Hope all goes well ! Congrats on getting married I will be getting married soon (although we have been engaged for 8 years
  • Devinpa
    Devinpa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I am not a nurse :neutral: but I know and have worked with plenty! I need so much motivation. I say I am going to track and then I don't. I have 20 pounds to lose. I just got married and I have NO desire to log or track anything. I can not walk, due to my back issue...but I do use machines at gym and try to stay active. I get real good at tracking during the week, weekend comes around and BAM beer, pizza, junk....so then I don't track. I NEED and must get back on track.
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    Options
    @Devinpa no need to be a nurse :) !! I added you
  • Stacey_mfp
    Stacey_mfp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’d love to add you and anyone else can add me too I also need all the support I can get!!
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    Options
    @Stacey_mfp added ! :)
  • gwenelliott_
    gwenelliott_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m actually pretty close to your goal. I’d love to get down to 150 and CW:171. I’ll add ya :)
  • Flame_Grilled
    Flame_Grilled Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just starting back on MFP had a break over Christmas now need to get my head back in the game accountability is a HUGE part for me that and seeing al the wonderful progress people make. Please you are more than welcome to add me
  • Lacey_Locket
    Lacey_Locket Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have around 30lb to lose to get to my target weight. Not a nurse but I am a Mum to a 12 year old and a 6 month old. Struggling to keep motivated from Friday-Sunday when all the junk food is around! Always looking for motivational friends. I log daily
  • ashbodash28
    ashbodash28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m in the same boat. Looking for accountability buddies and support. I’m a chronic starter but I always fall off the wagon a couple weeks or months in. I feel serious this time! I’m currently at 176 and looking to get down to 150. I’m also working with Judith Beck’s weight loss workbook - I highly recommend for all my other chronic starter friends out there! :)
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    Options
    Welcome @ashbodash28 !! I am a chronic starter as well seems we have same goals I will look that book up thanks :)
  • gbrezina
    gbrezina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am in need of an accountability partner too. I have 45 to lose. I moved to a new place, am having lots of stressful things in my life, and need to make myself a priority, get healthy, and find something to be proud of myself for!
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    Options
    @gbrezina new home, fresh start on life perfect opportunity to start fresh !! Good luck on your journey looking forward to motivating each other :)
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me to your motivation and support team. I am a little over a month back into getting back on track. I let my weight balloon up to well over 230 pounds.......once I finally go the courage to step back on the scale again (after a few weeks of being good) the scale screamed a solid 226 at me.....so I am locked in to taking on the challenge of breaking through that 200 pound barrier the right way this time. Congrats on erasing 17 pounds!!! Look forward to joining your team!