Weight change after Easter weekend

Options
So, I went home this Easter weekend with plans not to really track. I did not have just Easter lunch, but went out to dinner with other family members, so it turned into a cheat 4 day weekend. Once I came back home, I decided to wait a couple of days to weigh (because of water weight). I still fully expected to have gained a few pounds. When I weighed today, I had actually lost a little weight from my previous week. :o Why does this happen? I always hear about people losing weight after a cheat meal, but have never really known why!

Replies

• SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Weight loss gremlins?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I've never seen a loss after a 'cheat' meal (don't like that word). You might see that 'cheat' affect your scales tomorrow though - I know that's how it goes with me, its a delayed reaction and the scales will spike up a few lbs for 3 or 4 days.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Did you drink a lot of alcohol or not drink a lot of fluid over those days, sometimes that can cause a temporary loss as a result of dehydration. Alternative possibility is that you were already retaining water the last time that you weighed so didn't see much of a difference.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Because there's no immediate cause and effect...your body doesn't work that way.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    How is your diet normally? How many calories and how much training? Reducing stress can have a huge effect, and often we don't eat as much as we think we do when we eat out. Things aren't as drenched in oil as we tend to believe.