Snacks and Treats and Cheats!

Options
yesevedo
yesevedo Posts: 87 Member
Hey,
Im doing relatively well but every now and again i need to get something via drive thru or to satisfy that evil little sweet tooth in my mouth!

Do any of y'all know any low cal or yummy “cal bargains” that can make me feel alive? Lol ... sorry, i like to make jokes of the fact that sometimes i feel tortured by the fact i like gansitos and cake.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why not just fit the food you like into your weekly cals?
  • deejay1230
    deejay1230 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    this is my go-to when i have a big sweet craving but want to stay within my calories
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've been having Smartfood Delightful sea salt caramel popcorn, lately. You get a pretty big serving for 130 calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Everybody needs to eat yummy things to feel alive. Subs will inherently be less yummy than the real thing. No foods are bad in moderation. Maybe moderation will be easier if you stop demonizing foods you like, and start allowing yourself to eat them, freely, without guilt.
  • yesevedo
    Options
    I just feel like I have very aggressive goals and I am dead set in achieving them and want to try things that are subs in case i like them ... but trust me ... no one comes between me and gansitos ....
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I really like the Quaker Popped Rice Crisps in the caramel corn flavor. Gives me both sweet and crunch when I want something to snack on. I find them quite filling too. 110 cals for a decent sized portion.
  • Sayanogo
    Sayanogo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of sweet things you like and when you want to eat them. I love myself a Snickers bar, or Snickers PB squared. A regular Snickers bar is 250 calories, but it's satisfying to my sweet tooth and filling. Getting 100 cal snack packs are also nice for portion control. Personally I can't stand fake sugars, so I go for the real thing.

A cup of Jello with a bit of whipped cream is also nice.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Reduced calorie ice cream such as HaloTop or Breyers Delights or the Oreo thins! They hit the spot when I'm craving something sweet.
  • lolothedragon
    lolothedragon Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My two go to sweet snacks are a warm fiber one brownie with a scoop of Halo top or a chocolate chip rice cake covered in peanut butter.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Stuffed hot peppers. The ones that are a cherry pepper with provolone and prosciutto inside. I did a double take when I saw that it was 30 calories.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up calories for tonight for either one serving of cookie dough ice cream, or a Reese's peanut butter egg --both about 170 calories. I'll decide after dinner. I find that having that special treat to look forward to helps me stick to my calorie goal during the day.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    For gansitos, maybe some angel food cake with sugar-free jello? Not the same thing, but like you said, if you try things, maybe you will find something you can live with. There is a protein angel food cake recipe floating around here that is a lot of cake for not many calories.
  • yesevedo
    Options
    Oooooo I like the Angel Food Cake Suggestion...
  • cxeex
    cxeex Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have recently tried vanilla Halo Top ice cream. Just a few spoonfuls with strawberries and raspberries. Sorted out my sugar craving :)