Tiredness

Options
salmarooni
salmarooni Posts: 42 Member
edited April 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone got any advice for exercising but always being tired?
I work 10hr does 6 days a week as a waitress and when i get home all I want to do is rest as feet are killing me. I was doing really well and losing kg before this job but feel i'm now going backwards. I just dont have the energy to do the squats and push ups and things that were working for me before!
Any advice?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Weight loss only requires eating fewer calories than you burn, not exercise. You burn way more calories at work than from exercise. If you're not losing, read the sticky post in the General forum called "Why am i not losing".

For strength training, try a full body workout on your day off, and do strength training before you work, perhaps a body part split (legs one day, pushing one day, pulling another). Don't do squats & pushups daily, if that's what you were doing.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If you are on your feet that much during the day you are probably burning a ton of calories. Yes, getting up and doing squats, etc before work can be daunting but maybe you can do them during your break at work? Sounds like you should be getting at least three small breaks a day. Maybe do 50 squats, lunges, etc during that time?
    try to log everything you eat and weight it if possible. If you are less calories in than out you should be losing over time.
  • poodlejewel2
    poodlejewel2 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Control your calories. I work in a nursing home and kept saying I'm too tired to do anything so I just started walking every second day, I have increased my distance now and pushing myself harder. I got onto a homemade Gatorade Which I drink an hour before I go which seems to have taken the burning out of my muscles. I'm Not going to worry about the gym just yet because what I found was they would flog you like on the biggest loser then you'd be that exhausted. So I am loosing by power walking and calorie counting.