Do you guys log the calories in vitamins that you take?

Options
I don't know if anyone has asked this already, but I'm not sure if I should log them or not.

Replies

• slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has asked this already, but I'm not sure if I should log them or not.

No I don't, but I just checked and there's no calories listed on the three things I take.
  • 4rtistry
    4rtistry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do. Things like fish oil and CLA can have more calories than you might think.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Multi - No
    Fish Oil - Yes
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes i do for the macros
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    No because there's no calories on mine as I take doctor prescribed calcium, vitamin d and iron
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I don't log my multi vitamins or fiber gummies.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    mine is literally listed as 1 calorie... I still log it just to keep track of stuff (vitamins, iron, etc) though
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My multivitamin is not listed as having calories but I try to log it as a reminder that I took it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I do, I look at my MFP micro nutrients from time to time.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I do...but have wondered 'where' the info comes from. Rarely listed on the any of the vitamins I purchase...I just put in what mfp's database provides.
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do not. I probably should, but eh...I only take one multivitamin, so I figure it's not going to break me. If I started taking more supplements and they added up calorie wise I'd start tracking them.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Yes, anything that goes in my mouth is logged
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I log my multi-vitamin so the micronutrients are logged, and when I tried taking flax oil supplements (they don't agree with me) yes, I logged the calories.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I log mine, both for the nutrient info and because the calcium and fish oil gel caps have a daily total of 40 calories, and my calorie allowance is tight.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    NO, because I'm a sloppy logger. It's accounted for in my goals.

But you'll never hear me suggest to someone that being sloppy is the right solution. It works for me, but It's inefficient. It also works for me because I'm relatively active in my non lifestyle time. I'm sedentary occupationally, but I generally run or walk 3-5 miles 5 or 6 days a week. I also do strength training. Quite a bit of that doesn't get logged or eaten.

You've got to figure out what works for you. IF you can afford slop and progress good for you... IF you can't. Tighten it up.