Do you guys log the calories in vitamins that you take?

Options
13»

Replies

• kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I log my gummy vitamins because with the muti, fiber, and probiotics, my daily intake of gummy vitamins clocks in at 50 cals. Over the course of a week, that's 350 cals that I otherwise wouldn't be tracking. I also take vitamin D and an Iron/Vitamin C blend. Those aren't gummies, and have no cals listed, so I don't log them.
  • kaygold
    Options
    aaaaand yes I realize I sound like a kid taking gummy vitamins lol but honestly, its so hard for me to remember otherwise, and they don't make me nauseous, so win win
  • dianaeatworld
    dianaeatworld Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes. I only take two but one is fish oil and that's 20 calories a serving.The other it vitamin D so I like to log that just to keep track of it since my levels are low.
  • RaenaLynn
    RaenaLynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    kaygold wrote: »
    I log my gummy vitamins because with the muti, fiber, and probiotics, my daily intake of gummy vitamins clocks in at 50 cals. Over the course of a week, that's 350 cals that I otherwise wouldn't be tracking. I also take vitamin D and an Iron/Vitamin C blend. Those aren't gummies, and have no cals listed, so I don't log them.

After reading this comment, I checked all my vitamins and realized I'm in a similar boat calorie wise. You raised a point I hadn't even considered. So thanks.
  • sidcorsini
    sidcorsini Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just last night scanned the bar code on my vitamins & supplements. There are I think 15 calories in one of them. It's literally the calories required to write this reply. I don't worry about them but do add them here so your nutrient reports are more accurate. SC
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they have any! It doesn't say anything on the box, so I assumed they don't. I rarely have vitamins to be fair, always buy them and then they're forgotten.
  • kaygold
    Options
    RaenaLynn wrote: »
    kaygold wrote: »

After reading this comment, I checked all my vitamins and realized I'm in a similar boat calorie wise. You raised a point I hadn't even considered. So thanks.

Happy to help! I'm trying to lose the last 5, and I find that tiny things like this can make or break my weight loss when I'm that close to goal :)

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    never did
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No, and this question and some responses made me check my fish oil. It is only 5 calories, and my multi and calcium have no calories, so I am not going to start now - too negligible.