Healthy Fast Food?

Options
Sometimes with 2 jobs and 4 kids things fall apart a bit. I need options for busy sport nights that aren't going to ruin my food goals for the day. What do you eat on the go for a real meal, not a snack when you are on the run? I also have a really hard time drinking my dinner (protein shakes.....) so don't throw that at me. :wink:

Replies

• kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I just pick up a cooked chook from the supermarket and add a salad.

Ditto
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    There's just nothing out there that strikes the balance for me of satiety and calories. Best idea is to keep the makings of like school packed lunches around - looking like I'm going to be busy during a meal time, knock up a quick simple sandwich, grab an apple, babybel lunch pack of goldfish. Busy weeks I'll also cook off a chicken breast or two and shred it and have that in the fridge, then I can just pair it with a quick vegetable and a cup of microwave rice at the worst.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crockpot? An Instant Pot? Do you meal prep? I find these things to be extremely helpful when we are busy with work, school, sports and other activities. I also rely a lot on things like frozen skillet meals, quick meals like breakfast for dinner or grilled cheese and soup, etc.

Or are you truly looking for fast food options? Sometimes I pick it up for the kids but I would rather have a granola bar or other snack and then cook myself a late dinner when we get home and they are in bed - i often eat at 9:30 or so on those evenings but will have things like sautéed shrimp and frozen veggie blends - these literally take less than 10 minutes to cook.
  • OhCaroleM
    OhCaroleM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Some times we have breakfast for dinner, basically omelets.

Mod pizza has a great salad bar.

Subway has sandwiches, salad and soup.

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have never been a fan of fast food. I meal prep on weekends or use my instant pot or crock pot during the week. Also, when I meal prep, I usually make more and freeze it so, I always have options.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I just read an article that listed various fast food restaurants and their healthy options.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolynkylstra/healthy-fast-food-yes-for-real?utm_term=.codp727Nyg#.faJDoYo9yv

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I typically go for Subway, but the occasional deli baked chicken works as well with a salad. Neither are all that great of an option though because they are literally chocked full of sodium. Subway is the worst, just about any of their foot long subs will have either the max or more than the maximum daily amount of sodium for an adult in the one sandwich.