Calories

Options
Can anyone tell me if the calories set on my fitness pal are set for u to lose weight or should I be eating less?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you chose "weight loss" as your goal, the calories provided are what is recommended for your desired rate of weight loss.
  • weebo1980
    weebo1980 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have just changed it to 2lb a week but would like more X
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    "more" what? Calories? Faster weight loss?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    weebo1980 wrote: »

2 pounds a week is a pretty aggressive weight of loss already. Losing more than that may not be good for you.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

What are your stats? For most people 2 pounds a week is too aggressive to begin with.
  • weebo1980
    Options
    I am 21 stone 2lb my sisters are being pains and think that my first week it should drop of me ! They wanted me to do slimming world but I don't agree with it I want a life change I don't want to lose and put on again
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Luckily you actually can lose faster than the maximum for a while (at most 1% of your weight per week, so just under 3 pounds a week). Just make sure you're hitting at least 1200 net calories (after exercise) to get essential nutrition and logging everything as accurately as possible. And if you feel you need to eat more, don't be afraid to.
  • weebo1980
    Options
    Not sure about calorie s after net? I am eating about 1,800 is this still to much?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Not sure about calorie s after net? I am eating about 1,800 is this still to much?

What did MFP give you as a goal?
  • weebo1980
    Options
    2,340 for a one pound lose a week so I just changed it to 1800 for 2lb a week bit now I am over for today by 150