Dire Request SO SCARED MUST READ

Options
Hello, I've been recovering from a friend who commited suicide recently. I'm slowly recovering. I went to Walgreens to cash in about 100 dollars worth of nickels and exchange them for cash. It's a service they don't openly do but I knew the people somewhat. A cop came and asked me what are you doing with all of these coins, how you get so much? I told him truthfully I own a store. He asked the exactl location of it. He asked where I lived, my exact address. My FULL name, and asked for ID. I'm not going to lie but I'm 16 years old. My parents own the store. He then looked at the manager and said, I don't see a problem with it, and walked away. I was shakeing to death. He wrote down all of my information. I walked out of the store with my cash, and was expecting another cop but there wasn't. I came home, and fainted. I'm so scared, am I on the record now? IF so, how long will it take for them to remove me. It was just allowance money, that's all. I had no intention of foul play. Thanks so much, It's been a BAD last two months.

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm sure he was just checking to make sure you didn't knock over a vending machine for the cash or something. If he didn't file a police report, then there isn't anything on record.
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't think that you have a "record" now. It just seems as though the cop thought that you had obtained those nickels illegally and when you gave him the name of the store and your home address, maybe it was familiar to him and he figured that it was all okay. I don't think that you have anything to worry about. Sorry to hear about your friend. Are you talking to someone to help you to deal with it. Boys Town National Hotline is free and confidential. 1-800-448-3000. Be Strong, Be Blessed. :)
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Take a deep breath. Its okay. If he did not say anything else to you then you are just fine. I bet there was a report on someone taking coins from somewhere and he was just checking. Apparently your story checked out and you are fine. Cops can be very intimidating, but I'm sure that that is all it was. I hope you are feeling better.
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    If the officer didn't take you into the station, you don't have a record. the only way you'll get one, is if they take you in to the station, read you your rights, and officially place you under arrest. Like carlashenell said, he was most likely just checking your answers to see if they were believable.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else here has said.............
  • WindHauler
    WindHauler Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks, so just because he wrote it down on a paper means he doesn't have a police report? Would I know if it was. I'm probably going to get banned for being 16 (turning 17 in 2 weeks!) Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks, so just because he wrote it down on a paper means he doesn't have a police report? Would I know if it was. I'm probably going to get banned for being 16 (turning 17 in 2 weeks!) Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
    As was shared by others, you'd have known if you were being charged with something, that's when you would get a police record. They would have filed a report right then and there if they had wanted to know more and felt the need to. Trust the other posters, I'm quite sure the officer was only checking in on someone else that had dealings in vending machines or some such similar means.

Don't worry about getting banned offa the site, just keeping logging your food, etc., you'll be ok:flowerforyou: I think like anyone in your situation (recent loss of a friend) you're going to be a bit jumpy and such about most anything at all right now. The police coming up to me while I was changing out coins might have bothered me too but you know where you got them and that it was your allowance so all is well Hon!!:flowerforyou:

See if you can't find ways to help relax your mind and body during this difficult time, perhaps meditation or Yoga, if nothing else the basics can be found on Youtube.com.

Hugs to you:heart: and again I'm sorry for your loss, I won't say I know exactly how you feel because that would be so unfair each of us feels loss very differently. I too lost someone very close to me in the same way you did recently and that pain is well, unexplainable grief. A loss is one thing but the unexpected shock is something else.

You'll be on my heart.
    Take good care,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Relax!
    If that were the case,something similiar happened to me many moons ago,and I'm certain nothing ever came of it...silly teenage stuff-back in the day. He just probably wanted to find out why you had all those coins.
    Have you gotten any help discussing your friend's passing?I hope so,You can anonymously call hotlines and talk to someone who will just listen.You have a lot of people here at MFP that care about you and want you to be happy:smile:
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I am sooooo sorry you had a day like that! Those police scare all of us! I am sure like everyone has said, that you have nothing to worry about regarding this incident with the officer!

I am sending you (((((((BIG HUGS))))))) regarding the loss of your friend!!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Please sweetie, if you can, surround yourself with family and friends who love you!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Officers always write everything down. It's just standard practice for them. It's in case there IS something going on and they need to recall the information. Relax. You're fine. :happy:
  • WindHauler
    WindHauler Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks everyone for setting my mind at ease, and thanks for the condolences. I'm hanging in there.