No inches lost, but my clothes are looser?

Options
I have been weight training and doing cardio about 3 days a week. I eat my maintenence in calories.
I feel like I look more toned, and my shorts fit a little better. My waist, hips, and thighs havent changed at all as far as inches lost. They fluctuate about 1/4 inch. My shorts fit better though... How come I feel fitter yet my body technically hasn't changed? I don't weigh myself because it stresses me out, but since I started my regimen my weight hasn't changed much either. I am still at 135 probably.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not measuring in the same places? I know whenever I measure my measurements change a lot depending on how I hold the tape, and I never seem to hold it exactly the same.

Though I seem to be having the opposite problem to you. I've lost 34lbs and 15 inches off my waist, hips and legs according to my admittedly dodgy measuring, but don't feel any difference in my clothes. I definitely have got smaller, I can see from my progress pictures, but my clothes don't feel any different.