Salad ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    some salad tricks:
    I find romaine lettuce, bought in hearts not already chopped, lasts longest in the fridge than others. For fresh baby spinach or mixed greens, once opened, i put a dry paper towel right in the bag. It absorbs the moisture and keeps the greens from getting soggy.
    Oil and vinegar dressing is certainly a trial and effort journey but I do a combo of 1/3 balsamic vinegar 1/3 white, red or apple cider vinegar and 1/3 EVOO. Then I add oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
    As for meat:
    Careful not to overcook or leave out to cool for too long. Makes the meat dry. I put the cooked meat in a zip lock bag or tupperware while it's still warm (not hot) so it holds in the moisture. Purdue makes a decent precooked grilled chicken in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
    Best of luck! Om nom nom salads!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Spinach with chicken, strawberries, walnuts, feta and a drizzle of a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. I live for summer strawberries and I eat this every day.
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Remembered another favourite so I did it for myself last night, Slow Roasted Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar and EVOO.