Saucony Kinvara 9's

OldAssDude
OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
These are my new favorite running shoe's

I set my aerobic base back by making the majority of my running intervals and shorter distances. I used to be able to run 5 miles at a slow pace before i started doing too many intervals. The other week I had trouble doing a 3 mile steady state run at a slow pace. And when I say slow pace, I mean between 15:00 and 16:00 min/mi. Pathetic, I know.

For the past couple weeks I have made most of my running longer slower steady state runs, and doing power walks for recovery.

Today I picked up a pair of Saucony Kinvara 9's because I have been looking for a light flexible shoe with not too much cushioning and a low heel/toe drop, and I saw "TheGingerRunner's review of the Kinvara 8's. I found a store that had the 9's in stock and went and picked up a pair.

I have a 5.5 mile course that I do because my apartment is right across from a park with a lake. From my apartment to the lake is about 1 mile, and the trail around the lake is about 1.75 miles. I have built myself back up to being able to do 3 miles at about 14:30 to 15:00 min/mi pace so far, so my goal today was to power walk to the lake (1 mile), run around the lake twice (3.5 miles), and power walk back to my apartment (1 mile). So a total of 5.5 miles, with a 3.5 mile steady state run (.5 miles more).

I got back from getting these shoes, put them on my feet, and headed out my door to do my workout.

I was able to run the entire 3.5 miles with no problem at all, and my average pace (including the power walking) was 13:48 min/mi. The shoes felt great for both power walking and running.

I LOVE THESE SHOES!!!

Replies

• kimhski1
    kimhski1 Posts: 32 Member
    Yay!! I’m needing new running sneakers and have Saucony’s. I think mine are Cohesion and have cushier sole. I’ve tried a more minimal sole and after a week of daily runs thought my entire body was going to fall apart. Sounds like you have a lovely route :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    I just replaced my Kinvara 6s with 9s. So far, so good!
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    The Kinvara is a great, multi purpose shoe.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    I picked up a pair of the nike epic react's today.

I know I have a shoe faddish...:)

I did the same workout today as I did yesterday with the Kivnava 9's, and the Nike epic react's are also a great shoe. A little more stack height (10 mm) though, but I'm a bit of a heal striker. I do strike very close to center mass though, and roll right to the mid foot (more like a heel touch mid foot strike), and it feels to me like the mid foot takes most of the shock.

NOW I HAVE 2 NEW FAVORITES!!!