Need motivation 100+ lbs to lose!

2»

Replies

• Add me for motivational support and snarky posts
  • huffdaddy3
    huffdaddy3 Posts: 13 Member
    just start off with smaller goals try losing 10% of your body weight and then set another goal . 100 lbs is too big of a number to go up againsts. small goals lead to big ones.
  • cloudspirit55
    cloudspirit55 Posts: 36 Member
    Hello, anyone can add me for motivation and support I'm new to mfp and look forward to making friends
  • violette75
    violette75 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you to everyone who answered my post, I've been trying hard this week. Had a few naughty blips but bk on track
  • GIRLPOWER7113
    GIRLPOWER7113 Posts: 26 Member
    Hey ladies let's help each other . Add me
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Add me sister! I’m right there with you!
  • 1995_iggymom
    1995_iggymom Posts: 5 Member
    Good luck, please feel free to add me as a friend. I rejoined and need the support!!
  • shanelleshrinks92
    shanelleshrinks92 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I also have a goal of losing 100 pounds and it seems like an overwhelming amount, so I love the idea of having small goals. Add me!
  • GIRLPOWER7113
    GIRLPOWER7113 Posts: 26 Member
    Ladies add me .. let's help each other
  • klauss_torres
    klauss_torres Posts: 14 Member
    Well I lost around that weight many times and gained it right back!. One thing I finally learned, don't over doit, have patience. Measure your body fat, create a diet with foods you like and have some cheat meals too, after all a diet is a lifestyle, we fail sometimes, but we need to get back on track. If you are in a deficit you are going to lose weight, if you are in a surplus of calories you are going to gain weight.

What I like to do is watch some body transformations on youtube when I don't feel motivated to go to the gym.
  • rdnck101
    rdnck101 Posts: 25 Member
    I did WW twice. The food restrictions weren’t giving me what I needed. I’ve also tried Richard Simmon’s food mover and that didn’t work either. What worked was just straight up eating less. Seven years ago I hit 365, stopped weighing in and kept gaining. Six years ago we moved to a town house and I decided something had to change. I started cutting back on food and moving more. Weight slowly came off and it has stayed off this time, I’ve been fighting this since I was 10 - so 30 years. I’m at 268 now and have just started the gym and food tracking again. Instead of doing a plan I’m just eating less and paying attention to what I eat. What WW taught me is how to identify when I’m full, what foods are better for me, and portion size. What it hurt is my connection to the scale as how to see progress. My doctor is doing what he called weight loss reprogramming. He wants me to see how I feel and use my clothes as a judge on weight loss. The scale went up and I flipped out, he pointed out my clothes are loser so I gained muscle which is more compact and takes less room than fat. I’ve got around 80 pounds to go and thanks to 4 medications that cause weight gain it’s going to be awhile.
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    rdnck101, good for you! Keep it up!

That goes for everyone here... :)
  • brooklyn7214
    brooklyn7214 Posts: 22 Member
    I left WW last week for My Fitness Pal and am loving MFP!
    WW is great and I love the meetings, but Freestyle is a little too free for me. I’ve been maintaining my weight for 2 months because of all the free foods. Being on MFP for one week, I’m already down 2+lbs.
    You can do this! We can do this! Just stick to your calorie goals. It’s as easy as that! Feel free to add me for more support :)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Remember this. Inspiration is short, motivation last a while, determination relise on will power, which is finite. Habit.... that's what gets $#/+ done. Best of luck.
  • susie_q1968
    susie_q1968 Posts: 15 Member
    I am right with you I have over 100 lbs to myself I've tried almost every diet imaginable I would appreciate the support myself you can add me as a friend the more moral support the better I say
  • Ceenah80
    Ceenah80 Posts: 14 Member
    itsgood wrote: »
    I can relate...something around 100 to lose but taking it 10 pounds at a time...I've lost 20 so far (since mid January). Not on a specific plan, rather, I see this as a lifelong habit and I know (for myself) I need to be able to approach food without lots of rules and restrictions. I'm concentrating on CICO, knowing I need a sustained deficit to lose. I'm tracking everything to keep accountable but also to stay in control...I need to be accurate, and it's amazing how some things add up!!! At this point I feel very empowered...meal planning, lots of fruits and vegetables, lean protein, careful about starchy foods, plenty of water (had to force that issue at first!) I haven't been hungry, definitely not deprived, and in general I just feel better, and that's worth everything!
    Stick with it! When you feel discouraged, remember why you started...you WANT this!

Congrats on the pounds lost!
  • louisedentonb
    louisedentonb Posts: 6 Member
    violette75 wrote: »
    Motivation comes from within, so you either want to lose weight, or you don't. Sticking to plan is another issue. First you have to have a plan that is possible to stick to, and preferably something you want to stick to. Then you decide to stick to it, and stick to it. I have found MFP a great help.

Thank you. I'm gonna give MFP a good go

• doxielvr13
    doxielvr13 Posts: 40 Member
    Feel free to add me. I have right at 100 lbs to lose!
  • pamlorbieski
    pamlorbieski Posts: 187 Member
    At my highest weight I had 200 to lose! I lost 140...then gained 40 of it back...grrr. Now I am back to lose that 40 plus the remaining 60 I had wanted to lose. It is definitely a process. Exercise is rough for me right because I tore my knee up earlier this month. But I am changing my diet, making better choices, and getting what exercise I can at PT. Anyone please feel free to add me :)
  • cloudspirit55
    cloudspirit55 Posts: 36 Member

My highest weight ever was 400 lbs recorded and my lowest is in the 260's. Ultimate goal weight is 180 lbs Didn't lose any weight for 2 weeks because of my health problems, had a lot of pain so couldn't exercise.
    I lose much better if there is a lot of movement instead of just sitting around all day.
    However, I am back on track with my exercise routine
    and doing much better.
    I log my food and exercise daily, because it helps to see where I'm at and where I need to go from here.

Feel free to add me as a friend.