Curiousity question - How did YOU find MFP???

Options
2»

Replies

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I remember searching for a calorie counter and saw this, and ta-da! lol
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of the year, I decided to watch my calories and eat healthier, and was online looking for a calorie counter or a website that had the calories of certain foods...and 3 months later, I'm still here
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    By accident, so a bit leary still....

I was on a direct atkins site in may 2007 until I joined here in march 2008

It started out so great, then started to fizzle.

There were som many wonderful people I chatted with and really enjoyed and they went away.

Now I know why. Some people joins forums for control and voice there opinions, only. Not to give advise but to correct nad put down

I got fed up and decided to look else where.

Then I started back on the net and found the biggest losers contestants, and it's all a great start from there.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Someone at work gave me the site and I love it! I just hit my goal this weekend. I've lost 20 pounds and 2 sizes. I haven't been this size since I graduated high school back in '93. Of course I didn't have the mommy belly back then, but I'm still happy!!!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I found another calorie counting site first, but they wanted me to pay to get my daily totals!! So I googled and found this terrific site. :happy: :laugh:
  • carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That's so interesting!

I thought I was the only one to find this site by accident while searching for calorie counter/logs!

Here, that seems to be how most of us found MFP! :-D

Carrie
  • fibi3
    fibi3 Posts: 10
    Options
    google
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm a cafemom member and one of the girls recommended it.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I was part of ediets...and was using their nutrition tracker. A couple of months ago, ediets was changing their website around and the nutrition tracker wasn't available for awhile so I searched for another tracker and found MFP to use while ediets was getting it together and then I liked MFP better AND it's free!! :)
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    A coworker told me about it the beginning of the year as we all were trying to shed unwanted pounds. So I jumped in and since then I have a whole bunch of coworkers that have followed and LOVE this site.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I Googled "calorie counter" and this was the second or third thing that came up....glad I clicked on it!!
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Yeah, i googled calorie counter and stumbeled on this site

:happy:

Al
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I went onlne to find a calorie counting website and found MFP. Love it!! :heart:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Someone at work gave me the site and I love it! I just hit my goal this weekend. I've lost 20 pounds and 2 sizes. I haven't been this size since I graduated high school back in '93. Of course I didn't have the mommy belly back then, but I'm still happy!!!

Congrats! Reading that inspires me that I can make a difference before the summer!
  • oneman86
    oneman86 Posts: 14
    Options
    I did a search on google for calorie counter and found a blog about this site and after reading the rave review, I decided to give it a try .
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i googled for a free calorie counting site. And here I am :wink: