Tracking, exercising, not losing

Options
I have been tracking and exercising quite faithfully since January and only lost 3 pounds.... Only 2 weeks in there where I did not keep track, but continued to be very active and didn't not eat crazy amounts of food. I usually eat between 1500-1800 calories when my maintenance amount is 2400ish. Most days of the week I burn an extra 150-500 calories with exercise. Feeling stuck :(

Replies

• MacLean855
    MacLean855 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep going
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    First, don't stress this small hiccup! Keep on trucking and being motivated. There's a saying out there "Avoid Paralysis by analysis" which, in your case, meaning your current plateau.

If you're being honest with yourself, and you're measuring out your macros, and you're not over-eating...you'll burn through this plateau very soon. You are in a lifestyle, after all, and because you plan on making this long lasting you'll for sure get to where you want to be.

It's simple, at the end of the day, you're going to avoid eating more calories than you burn a day, you're going to do this every day (or as often as you can...a cheat meal every now and again is okay...just don't go nuts) and you'll get there. I promise.

Please keep with it, you deserve it, your health deserves it, and you'll enjoy what comes from it!

Add me as a friend on here, I'm so motivated for this and am excited for everyone who is trying to be a better person!

Wishing you success
    Dan
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    mlf4dg24y2m8.jpg
  • steph_is_happy
    steph_is_happy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    mlf4dg24y2m8.jpg

I’m trying to save this flow chart and I can’t. Where did you find it?
  • malibu927
    Options
    mlf4dg24y2m8.jpg

It was created by a former MFP member several years ago. I only have it saved on my computer, so I don’t know if you can save it from the app.
  • aqb727
    aqb727 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration and diagram. I have been measuring my food, tracking what I eat and my exercise. I don't eat back my exercise calories usually, and if I do it's not all of them. Going to try lowering my calorie intake a little bit. Also planning to talk to my doctor to see if there's something else that might be going on. I rarely drink alcohol, and if I do I track it and it's usually 1, maybe 2 beverages. My exercise amount has increased from doing very little in the fall to being quite regular. Would think I would be seeing changes just from that, but I'm not.
  • malibu927
    Options
    aqb727 wrote: »
    Thanks for the inspiration and diagram. I have been measuring my food, tracking what I eat and my exercise. I don't eat back my exercise calories usually, and if I do it's not all of them. Going to try lowering my calorie intake a little bit. Also planning to talk to my doctor to see if there's something else that might be going on. I rarely drink alcohol, and if I do I track it and it's usually 1, maybe 2 beverages. My exercise amount has increased from doing very little in the fall to being quite regular. Would think I would be seeing changes just from that, but I'm not.

Measuring or weighing? There can be a major difference between the two.
  • aqb727
    Options
    Been weighing it. I have a food scale...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    mlf4dg24y2m8.jpg

The original chart is here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10179969/weight-loss-flow-chart-2-0/p1
  • aqb727
    Options
    Looking back, my "net average calories" each week has been lower than my goal calories... ie. 900-1300 net average vs my 1600 calorie goal... I don't eat back my exercise calories unless I am hungry, and then it's usually something healthy and low calorie.... thoughts?