Starting 1 month cut

Options
dill_milk
dill_milk Posts: 61 Member
edited April 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I want to lose 6-8 pounds of belly fat before I go to Las Vegas. This is my first time cutting, does anybody have any tips? Is this a realistic goal? How much of a difference do you think a few pounds will make on somebody with a tall and lean frame? (Basically Skinny Fat with a little bit of muscle)

Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/w4k6m

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    You can't "target" your belly. You'll lose fat from wherever it is. That said, if you're already lean, I don't know how quickly you can lose that amount of fat without losing too much muscle along with it. It usually takes much longer when you have so little to lose. It's possible, but there will be muscle loss along with it. Not recommended long-term. You might get away with it short term, but not sure if your results will look the way you want them to.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    That is hard to say without knowing your stats and what you look like. When is your trip?

If you don't have enough muscle base and cut down, there is the potential to look like a smaller version of yourself or worse. Again, it will depend on many factors.. but if you are not underweight or anything, I would keep the deficit small, continue your training (I would imagine you are lifting?), and get adequate protein, 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight.