High source of Fibre and Iron?

bainsjas
bainsjas Posts: 10 Member
Ive been logging my food and realised my fibre intake is very low per day.. what is the best source and also iron options too pls

Replies

• UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    For me, celery is like the best lubricant if ya know what I mean. Basically just focus on fruits and veggies with high water content.
    Iron...pumpkin seeds, Black beans, dark leafy greens, blackstrap molasses, tomato sauce, etc.
  • bainsjas
    bainsjas Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you so much @UltraVegRunnerBabe so cucumber, water melon (high water)...i heard in relation to iron that vitamin c is required to absorb iron
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Some animal sources of iron (heme iron): clams, oysters, beef liver, chicken liver, cooked beef or chicken, sardines, halibut, haddock, perch, salmon, tuna, turkey

Some vegetable sources of iron: beans, tofu, seeds such as pumpkin, sesame, squash, peanuts, spinach, broccoli, nuts to name a few.

Iron is absorbed better when consumed with foods higher in vitamin C. You can also cook with cast iron (https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/energy/use-cast-iron-cookware-as-an-iron-deficiency-treatment/)
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    bainsjas wrote: »
    Thank you so much @UltraVegRunnerBabe so cucumber, water melon (high water)...i heard in relation to iron that vitamin c is required to absorb iron

Yes vitamin C should be eaten with iron rich foods
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Lentils.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I get most of my fiber from beans, lentils, and wholegrains. Then fruits and veggies.
  • Icrizz
    Icrizz Posts: 69 Member
    Fiber: apples, plums, cranberries, whole wheat nut breads, quinoa, fortified burrito shells (mission is a good brand)
    Iron: beans, nuts, leafy greens like spinach & kale, pumpkin/sesame seeds, potatoes, dried apricots, split peas