I lost 8 lbs in less than a week!

Options
lightenup2016
lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
edited April 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, granted I had just GAINED 7 lbs over the two days of Easter weekend, but this just goes to show you the ups and downs of water/food weight when you eat way over maintenance. Yes, it took two days to put it on and 6 days for it to come back off (plus an extra lb!), but obviously, I can cram 5000 calories into my mouth more quickly than my digestive system can process it. So that food, and accompanying water weight, did stay with me longer than the two days I spent "gaining" it. But hey, if I can eat like THAT for two days, and 6 days later be lower than when I started, it puts my mind a little more at ease about dealing with holidays/trips/special occasions. Note--I did go right back to eating at a deficit after Easter weekend. If I had eaten at maintenance, of course, this would have come off more slowly, but it would have come off. If I had continued to eat at that rate, well, then I'd have some real fat to contend with!

Here is the breakdown of my weight (stats--female, 5'6", TDEE 2150-ish calories):
Wed AM: 145.4 lb
Thurs AM: 145.2
Friday AM: 145.2
---Sat--ate 5100 (!) calories and 4350 mg sodium (didn't weigh)
---Easter Sun--ate 3700 calories and 5550 mg sodium (didn't weigh)
Monday AM: 152.2 lb (gained 7 lbs in two days!! Okaaaaay, now back to my usual deficit eating at ~1650 cal/day)
Tuesday AM: 149.4
Wed AM: 147.2
Thurs AM: 146.0
Fri AM: 145.2 (so now back to my "before Easter weekend" weight)
Sat AM: 144.6
Sun AM: 143.8

So, hopefully this will help anyone who has a sudden gain after, um, overindulging, to see how much water/food weight adds to the scale number, and also how quickly it can ALL come back off, and more!

:smiley:

ETA: I just wanted to add, if this had been PMS week, 2-3 of those lbs would have hung around, but after TOM, I'd have likely had a really big "whoosh" and lost those plus more. Always have to keep in mind the PMS factor!! And for me, ovulation, too!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It’s a nice revelation. Pop into those threads where the op is unhappy about those unwanted pounds after a holiday. Way to go!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    It’s a nice revelation. Pop into those threads where the op is unhappy about those unwanted pounds after a holiday. Way to go!

Great idea.