Starting again... Advice and motivation please!

Options
alexelmer
alexelmer Posts: 44 Member
So, I'm jumping back on the weightloss bandwagon.

I lost nearly 2 stone over a couple of years, but I want to speed things up for the last stone!

CW: 144lb
GW: 130lb

I'm calorie counting to stick within my 1300 cal a day goal, and increasing exercise (I have bad knees so any exercise you can recommend would be good).

Have any of you got any tips on how to stay on track and motivated?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Motivation is nothing more than your wish to lose the last pounds. You stay on track by having realistic expectations and accurate logging. The last pounds will come off at a decreasing rate of 1 to 0.5 pounds per week, and usually hidden behind water wegiht fluctuations.
  • jonathanthewlis
    jonathanthewlis Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Measure key points on your body, the last changes will be shape and size as well as weight loss and that will motivate. Also try swimming! Good luck
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    It's actually counter intuitive to try to speed up your rate of loss at the end. You want to ease into your goal weight so maintenance is effortless. And once you're already lean, your body doesn't have much fat to give up, so faster weight loss means more muscle loss.

Set your goal to 0.5 lbs per week and eat back some of your exercise calories. Really :smile: I know it's hard to be patient when it's already been a long time, but now is when you set yourself up for maintaining that healthy weight permanently! Start poking around in the Maintaining Weight forum there's lots of good info in there. Good luck!
  • ajayajayajay
    ajayajayajay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find using the eliptical is easier on my knees. Good luck!