National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week April 8-14, 2018

Options
ThinGoldLineNS
ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
Happy National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week to all you super precious Dispatchers out there!
We are nameless
We are faceless
We are fearless
We are priceless
We are the calm voice in the dark
We are Dispatchers.
#iam911 #idispatch #police #fire #ehs #rcmp #thingoldline #novascotia #emo #hdivocc #workfamily

Replies

• ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I remember a year or so ago i saw a man crossing the road and pause. He looked unsure of himself and kept looking around almost paranoid. After he finished walking to the other side of the road he took a gun out from his side as he was walking up to a gas station. He then put the gun in his backpack before actually going in but I called that in to 911. Looking back at the situation Im surprised that the dispatcher who answered the call was so intent on getting my personal info - name, number, even personal address of where I live rather than focusing on getting police to respond. I was from out of state and didn’t I really didn’t see how so much of my personal info was relavent to what looked like was about to be a burglary or worse.

I can totally understand that train of thought and the frustration you must of felt. Police (or fire/ambulance) are dispatched immediately once we've ascertained the nature of the emergency. We're not asking to be nosey, it is protocol to obtain caller's personal information for the police file, should they require to follow up with you for any reason or for court purposes.